Thrift Stores For Christmas Decorations

For years, I envied pricey holiday decorations from specialty stores but they weren't in my budget. But in the last few years, I have discovered that Thrift shops are a great source of really nice and classy holiday stuff. Last weekend, I got a metal Santa, a Mexican tin Christmas tree (I have always admired that Mexican tinware, but it's expensive) and a great candle holder. And it was on sale at the thrift shop! This is stuff we will have for years to come. And who will have any idea where it came from?

hey i am glad i am not the only one who does this,we got a xmas tree nearly new and some decos for it for $3 noone is the wiser,why buy new.glenda

I did the same thing this year an saved alot. I did get the glass balls to hang on the shrubs an cedar tree outside there also as they are so high in the reg stores. The only thing is when it rained it wash off the colors but that was ok as now we have them all in silver an still very pretty. I also have found some very nice things for different holidays in the thrift stores too..a good place to shop for things we dont see for to long of a time for each holiday.

if you take a plain glass ball red,green,blue etc..

take a very small paint brush(the kind that comes in a watercolor set)and some white paint put little drops all over the ball and you have a really cute ornament

or paint a name or something else decorative on it

you could use drops of elmers white glue and sprinkle glitter over it also use colored glue to write a message on it

so many different ideas

take construction paper (and ya know we all did this)

make paper chains out of them,string popcorn(use colored popcorn)if i can get it used or make it myself i much prefer it over paying the price for brand new things,which by the way will be considered"used "the next christmas

Closeup of Red Christmas Bell Ornament
Saving Money on Christmas Ornaments
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsDecember 4, 2006
Shoes at a Thrift Stores
Buying Shoes at Thrift Stores
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Thrift Store
Southern California Thrift Stores
🎄