Support Groups for Arthritis Sufferers

My Mum is in her 50s and has arthritis. She has limited neck movement and has arthritis in her hands, legs, and feet. She can still walk though.

She is feeling a bit down at the moment as she doesn't feel she has a particular hobby or something that she does for herself. I have been trying to think of groups she could set up or join, but just don't know. Any ideas?

By H from UK

I would love to email your mother. I am in my 50's and am having major problems with arthritis too. I've had one knee replaced, other needs doing, shoulders are now affected too. What a horrible disease. I know there is some way to send private notes through this site. I can't seem to figure it out this a.m., but would love to send my personal email address.

I also in my 50's suffer with arthritis in my knees and neck and shoulders. It is a horrible disease to suffer from. You must be mobile or else it does get to you. There's many things I do. I put sea salt in a pouch stitch with few layers of fabric and heat it the microwave and place on the ache. Avoid all acidic foods. Take 1/4 aspirin now and then. Avoid meat products. Take dairy products in moderation. Goodluck.

It can be very painful. Everyone is going to deal with it different. Trying to stay active is a great way to keep your mind off the pain.