Share Crafts

Cleaning Can Openers

Can Opener

Can openers need to be cleaned regularly to remove the buildup of the dried can contents that collect on them with normal usage. This is a guide about cleaning can openers.

Solutions: Cleaning Can Openers

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Cleaning a Can Opener

To clean and disinfect the wheel of a can opener, just use white vinegar and an old tooth brush. Dip the toothbrush in the vinegar and scrub clean. Swish in hot soapy water and rinse.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Cleaning Can Openers

Sometimes I just ramble through ThriftyFun to see what I can see. I was looking at the posts on can openers and two things came to mind.

I sometimes put both my hand held ones and the business portion of my electric one in the dishwasher. I also put them in a small saucepan and boil them for a few minutes. You'd be amazed what comes to the top of that water! I have been also known to Brillo them.

By Marty Dick [163]

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cleaning Can Openers.

Question: Cleaning a Can Opener

Why is it everytime I buy a can opener it only last for a few months and then it rust and becomes difficult to use? I heard you are not supposed to submerge them in water, but how should you clean them then? Any suggestions?