Saving Money on Mailing Supplies

I mail often and want to share some of the ways I have been saving on mailing dollars. I save all the packing materials (air bubbles, peanuts) that come from other mailings and reuse them. Even plastic bags, empty plastic soda bottles, and newspaper make good packing materials. I also save any padded envelopes and simply glue or tape with clear mailing tape a piece of copy paper or a three by five index card over them to reuse.

When we need to mail a package, we can often save money buy printing and paying for Priority postage on the USPS website. I get free delivery confirmation. I can also schedule a pickup and save on gas. If something is small but heavy, the Flat Rate boxes can save a lot of money.

I also check prices at UPS too, some larger packages are cheaper than the Post Office. I also watch for mailing supplies when they are on sale at Walgreens or CVS, they run the bubble envelopes and tape often.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

You can also order free mailing supplies from USPS.com. They have all different sizes of priority boxes and you can get them in bundles of 10 or 25, and, they deliver them to you for free. No cost at all! It's awesome! And 'click-n-ship' on their website is the best. Cheaper prices for paying online and your mail carrier picks it up for you, free service! And, you can order greeting cards that you can customize online with your own message ( and photos for no extra charge!) Then you enter the name and address and they will mail the card to whoever you want. Pay for the card and a stamp, easy as pie! Prices are similar to drugstore prices, but, you don't have to stand at the store with other people bugging you! You can order birthday, sympathy, invitations, etc. all from the comfort of your home! I love it!

Another thing you can do with boxes that you get items in is: un-tape them and turn them inside out and re-tape them. You can then reuse them, even the ones with a lot of writing on the outside.

Padded Envelopes
Saving Money on Mailing Supplies
Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 24, 2010
Girl Playing with Homemade Playdough
Saving Money On Crafts
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
A box with packing peanuts in it
Saving Money on Packing Materials
Clear plastic wrap
Saving Money on Plastic Wrap
🎉
🎄