Lord Charleys Corn Chowder

I once had corn chowder in a restaurant called Lord Charleys that was absolutely delicious. After many attempts to duplicate the recipe, I've come as close as possible without knowing the exact ingredients used and find it delicious. I hope you too will enjoy it.

Ingredients

• 6 slices of bacon, diced
  • 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
  • 2 cups of diced raw potatoes
  • 1-1/2 cups water
  • Ad
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper (I use white pepper for this)
  • 2 cups of cream style corn
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 3 cups milk
  • Parsley
  • Shredded cheese (I use mild Cheddar cheese)

Directions

Fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon. Saute onion in 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings until transparent, not brown. Cook potatoes in the water with salt, sauteed onion and bacon in covered pan until tender. Add pepper and corn. Blend the margarine or butter and the flour; stir in milk and cook until slightly thickened. Add to corn mixture. Sprinkle parsley and shredded cheese over the top. Serve immediately.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

I also have loved the chowder from Lord Charlies & I asked them for the Recipe, & they mailed it to me. I cook my Potatoes in Chicken broth & I add a chopped bell pepper & Chopped celery Onion Chopped bacon I sautee the veggies in the drippings from bacon And 1/2 tsp Thyme and a quart of Half & half. It is delicious.

A bowl of corn chowder.
Corn Chowder Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChowderMarch 24, 2008
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Orc Costume (Lord of the Rings)
Vegetable Chowder
Vegetable Chowder Recipes
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Crab Chowder
Crab Chowder Recipes
🎉
🎄