Tuna Vegetable Pilaf
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups clear vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup diced pared carrot
- 1 med. zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 package frozen broccoli spears, thawed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cans tuna in oil
Melt butter in 3 qt. Dutch oven. Add scallions and rice. Cook until rice is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except tuna. Bake for 20-25 minutes longer. Stir in tuna before serving.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide