Clean Your Iron with a Dryer Sheet

When your iron gets sticky or dirty or when you accidentally get iron-on interfacing stuck to it, simply take a fabric softener dryer sheet and set the dryer sheet on top of a paper towel (to protect your ironing board), then lay another paper towel next to it. Turn your iron on high and iron the dryer sheet, then iron the paper towel (to clean the iron off). Go from ironing the dryer sheet for about 30 seconds, to the paper towel and back and forth again until your iron is totally clean. I like this handy trick because it cost nothing and your iron will glide smoothly, just like it's brand new!

Source: I heard this handy trick on a PBS quilting show.

By Cyinda from Seattle

I tried the dyer sheet method and it worked great. I had been using the tape for hemming and it came off along with the colour of the fabric on the bottom of my steam iron. I tried Goo Gone, it didn't do anything, I srcub it with a srcubby and nothing but the dryer sheet work so well it's like it never happened. Whoever came up with this idea is a genious. This site has saved me several time now, thanks.

Thanks very much for sharing this simple tip. I will do it next time I use my iron, good luck.

Crafts AdviceApril 14, 2008
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Sheet Cake
Sheet Cake Recipes
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🎉
🎄