Plastic Canvas Flower Pattern

After seeing some pictures of Japanese plastic canvas, I got out my worsted weight yarn, my plastic canvas, a needle and whipped up a pattern for the flower. I hope those of you who do plastic canvas or design your own, will be able to make use of it. Finished flower.

Finished flower.

The flower is worked on 7 mesh and and is made with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn. Since you will be using 2 strands, be sure the yarn doesn't get twisted before completing a stitch, keep your stitches as straight as possible. The flower is 19 X 19 holes.

On the pattern, I made each petal a different color and numbered each petal individually to make the pattern easier to read and work with. Work the petals before working the center of the flower. Once the flower is finished, fill in any unworked area around the center with tent stitches. Flower pattern.

Here is the website with the original flowers. I particularly liked the large flower on the handbag (where it says Felting Bag and Hat).

By Fortunately

Comment

Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Next
Photos CraftsJuly 1, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Making Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
Plastic Canvas Angel
Plastic Canvas Angel Patterns
Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 5:12:02 PM on 10.0.2.141 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings