Low Calorie Ranch Dressing

Hubby and I just got diagnosed with high cholesterol, and the doc said, cut out Ranch dressing! Well, that's our favorite, so I've come up with a way to drastically reduce the fat content, with no compromise in flavor.

I use Kroger's "Salad Magic Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix", which is a huge savings; always less than a dollar. Instead of 1 cup each of milk and mayonnaise, I use 1 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. The mix always gets thick and even with so much milk it still will.

Even better, I've totally switched to the Kraft Olive Oil mayo, which has great taste, and 1/2 the fat and calories. So altogether, the 'high fat' dressing has been reduced. I don't know the specifics, but know it's much better for us!

By kljohn from Crawford, CO

I switched over to the low fat mayo (I use Best Foods) and also Fat Free sour cream, yogurt and milk. The milk was an adjustment but I can't tell the difference in the sour cream at all!

kljohn,

Another good low cal/low fat dressing is to just pour enough balsamic vinegar for you and hubby, then whisk in olive oil. Adjust oil to taste. My favorite! Hamnurse

You can also try mixing the ranch with plain fat free sour cream, or plain fat free yogurt, or a mix of both (that is how I make ours, half FF sour cream, and half FF plain yogurt).