Making Your Own Knitwit Tool

I wanted to make a project using the Knit Wit tool, however, everywhere I look they are sold out (wonder if it is because the project is featured in the December Martha Stewart magazine? hmm). Anyway I am looking at it online and it seems as though I should be able to make one. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Here are some links with how-to's (2 different styles): ... le/-/5822516/diy-flower-making-tool/

Judging from the pic at the link below it looks like you could just get a precut wood circle fromt the craft or hardware store and put in small headless nails or brads and perhaps a dowel for the handle.

Thanks Kaelle! I will try it and let you know if it works :)

Carol you can get a two combs and go to lowes and get them to nail those two hair combs on a small board together side by side to make a straight loom. Pam G. Alabama

I just found one on ebay that was $30 buy it now or best offer. I offered $20 and it was accepted. It was from wallysweb. There were 4 available.

Crafts AdviceNovember 14, 2009
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Make Your Own Bleach Pen
Make Your Own Bleach Pen
Photo of tools hung a peg board.
Saving Money On Tools
Ostrich feather duster against a blue sky.
Cleaning a Feather Duster