Salmon Patties

It's trendy to call salmon patties burgers now, and to charge a fin and a gill for them, but I'll stick with patties. This recipe is very economical and very easy. Adding potatoes and oats really stretches the salmon, and makes them a bit milder tasting - and it's easier to get kids to eat them! If you plan to have leftover mashed potatoes on hand, it makes these even easier to whip up when you need a fast, easy, and nutritious meal. The real twist here is that you bake the patties in a muffin tin, really reducing the fat and making them even healthier. I make a big batch and freeze some.

• 2 cans salmon, drained. Pick the bones and skin out
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup mashed potatoes
  • Ad
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup finely minced onions
  • 1 - 2 tsp. lemon pepper or seasoning of choice
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice

Directions:

Mix everything but the salmon in a bowl and let it soak into the oats for 5 minutes. Mix the salmon in thoroughly, but gently.

Spray 18 muffin cups (I'm lucky, I have a 12 cups tin and a 6 cups tin, so it works out perfectly) with baking spray. Fill each one just to the top with salmon mixture.

Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Servings: 9 - 18
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

This sure sounds easy and a really good way to make one of the most delicious Friday Nite Dinner Entrees that I know of. My Mother always made these, but I've never seen them made with oatmeal which is another great heart-healthy addition.

Thank you so much Barb.

This is another winner. Thumbs Up!

Pookarina

What size salmon cans are used? Anne

We have Salmon Patties about once a week or every 10 days. It's a staple product so I keep a couple of cans in the cabinet. There are some things that are just plain good, and good for you. I think Salmon is one of those foods. I was told that all canned salmon and tuna are wild and never farm raised, so they're better for us canned than to buy the fresh. And we like the canned best anyway. I have often mixed salmon with tuna to make patties, and they turn out very well too. Make them the same way otherwise.

Thank you for a great recipe. It's a little different from the one I've normally used and will be a nice addition to my recipe box.

MisMachado

I must be one of the few that has never had a salmon patty. After reading your yummy recipe I'll give it a shot.Thanks for sharing. I must add,between you and Pookarina it's hard lose weight! : )

Keeper

Hi, Anne, sorry I omitted the size of the can. I use the 14.7 or 14.5 oz cans, not either or, I just can't remember how many fractions of an ounce!

Barb

I tried this recipe for our dinner tonight. It is really good and I expect to be making it often from now on. The grandchildren will be here next week so with the leftover patties, I'll be freezing, I will be able to see if it passes the kid test. They are picky but I think they are going to like this.

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

These salmon patties passed the kid test. The girls thought they were good and one of them went back for more. I love the idea of freezing them. For just the two of us, I take out 4 patties and put them in the toaster oven frozen, set temperature at 400 degrees, cut oven on and bake for about 15 minutes. They come out hot and crispy.

My mother made these with bread crumbs instead of oatmeal - either way a winner!

Salmon Patty on a Plate
Salmon Patty Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes FishJuly 22, 2011
Fried Frozen Chicken Patties
Recipes Using Frozen Chicken Patties
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Fried Chicken Patties
Homemade Chicken Patties
2 Fried salmon patties with a wedge of lime and a cob of corn.
Fried Salmon Patties
🎉
🎄