Ice Maker Water is Overflowing

Category Ice Machines
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator icemakers are a great convenience until they break or malfunction. Then they can be very frustrating to troubleshoot yourself. This is a guide about ice maker water is overflowing.

I just replaced the fill valve on my Whirlpool ice maker because it would not pump water. Now the tray fills and keeps overflowing into the ice bin. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Do I have to reset anything? Thanks!

Drain machine with little valve in back. Then try again.

model 795.5101 water over flowing ice maker

Installed new ice maker and water valve ,it made ice for a few weeks and now water leaks from drain tube into drain pan.

I have replaced the icemaker and water control valve on my Whirlpool top freezer refrigerator. When the ice tray fills, water still runs into the bin.

This sounds like your "shut-off valve" is getting stuck. It may need to be cleaned. Though you said you just replaced it, which makes me wonder if it might be something else like a bent bail wire. Here is a link to a website I thought looked helpful. Good luck. http://www.home  r-ice-maker.html

Ice maker water does stop filling up.

I have a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator, about 7 years old. I am having trouble with the icemaker, it makes ice cubes, but somehow there is ice forming in the bottom of the ice tray.

Is there possibly water overflowing in the icemaker? Could it have anything to do with the refrigerator water filter being clogged? I have noticed that the water flow has gone way down at the water dispenser.

Please advise on how to fix the icemaker problem.

By Bandita123 from Portland, OR

I just had this problem with my Amana. I cleaned the condenser coils under the fridge. It was caked with dust and pet hair and cleaning it solved the problem!

My Kenmore refrigerator ice maker will not turn off and overflows the container. What should I do?

By Joe from Santa Rosa, CA

Answers

The icemaker water valve needs to be replaced more than likely. The valve allows water to seep through the hose at a slow rate which freezes at the inlet to the icemaker. When the icemaker calls for the water to fill water can not pass through the inlet tube and runs down the back panel of the freezer. If you have the inlet valve replaced this will solve your problem.

My side by side refrigerator leaks water into the ice bin when filling the ice tray with water. The water leaks as it enters bin from the chute.

By James from Atlanta, GA

Sounds like the water valve is sticking open when the ice maker is asking for water. If you have hard water i would say that will be your problem. Also the ice maker will have a water adjustment on it. Look in your owners manual to see were the adjustment screw is locate.

My Frigidaire ice maker keeps filling the tray up every 5 minutes. I checked all the micro switches in the maker and they are good. Is the ice maker bad?

By Brian from Pittsburgh, PA

Anonymous

Do you have the lever bar pushed to stop the ice flow? I ask because I had an auto ice maker once and didn't know there was one for the longest time ;-)

The water overflows in the cube tray in my Frigidaire ice maker. It flows into the ice bin and freezes there.

My Sears ice maker overflows when filling. I replaced the water valve, but it still overflows. Is there an adjustment on the ice maker to control the amount of water that goes into the ice maker tray?

By Charles

I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator, model #ksrj25cnss00. The icemaker has water coming over the front panel of the icemaker and making a large icicle in my freezer. Any advice?

By Eddie from Chicago