Ring Stuck on Finger

I need to have my wedding ring repaired. However, I am unable to get it off of my finger. Any suggestions? I tried soaping it, but could only move it to the first joint. Short of having it cut off, I'm open for any ideas.

By Pat from Brookfield, WI

There are several ideas on this page below. I saw someone on tv demonstrating the floss method and it worked.

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Stuck-Ring Good luck to you!

Try soaking your hand in ice first then lube it up and see if you can get it off.

Is it still stuck? I would try vaseline, maybe or dawn dishwashing detergent.

Have you tried butter or oil? I had one stuck on my finger and I tried that and it slid right off any way, good luck.

My mother just had to have her ring cut off due to her arthritis. They told her to use Windex. She tried it on another ring and it worked wonderfully.

Contact the jeweler where you plan on getting the ring repaired. They usually have tools for removing rings.

Windex, it's wierd but it works!

I also had a ring I couldn't get off. My son-in-law told ne about the dental floss method and it worked! Don't ask me how but it did.

I had to have a ring cut off once and since you're already planning to have it repaired just let the jeweler cut it with their cutting tool and it's a piece of cake for them to solder back together during the repair. If you have to have it cut off you might want to consider having them make the ring a teeny, tiny bit bigger.

That Windex idea was a post a long long time ago. I tried it and it works. I don't always need it, but sometimes my fingers aren't the same size in the morning that they are at night. They seem to swell during the day, especially when it's hot.

Most of the lubricants will work well, but it helps if you can cool your finger, and at the same time heat the ring. The ring should expand enough to slide off, then you can get a jeweler to make it a bit larger.

Windex....crazy but true.

Toothpaste works for me, something semi cheap at least you can go to the dollar store and buy yourself a cheap brand.

Windex not worked; but dental floss worked for me. Thanks for posting the tips.

Warning: Be careful while using Dental floss; my entire finger turned blue; do it super fast, and during emergency, keep a ring cutter ready and prepared to call 911 or goto hospital. It was very scary situation, do not panic.

This worked for me: have someone else pull the ring for you, while twisting it.

Try taking a water pill, it may help. Also if you spin the ring while pulling it off sometimes they will come off that way when they wont pulling it straight off.

removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceJuly 12, 2009
Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade Finger Paint
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
Making Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎄