Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Substituting Marshmallow Creme for Marshmallows

I want to substitute marshmallow creme for marshmallows. I only have a recipe for Rice Krispie treats with marshmallows. How do I substitute the marshmallow creme for the marshmallows?

Jonna from Manheim, PA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Harlean from Arkansas [125]03/01/2009

When I had a snack bar at a local flea market years ago, I made these every week for the snack bar. I used 1 jar of marshmallow creme(7oz) and I would add 3 or 4 marshmallows to it as I heated the butter and the marshmallow creme. When the marshmallows had melted, I knew it was heated enough to add the Rice Krispies. I liked them better this way because they were softer than with all marshmallows.
Harlean from Arkansas

By KL [3]02/27/2009

Here is a recipe for Krispie Treats from the original site. It uses marshmallows...but at the bottom of the recipe it says:

1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.

* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
* - OR -
* 4 cups miniature marshmallows
* 6 cups Rice Krispies

Rest of the recipe here:
http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?kic=true&recipe_id=1605
There are a lot of other Krispie treat recipes of various types on that site too. I love mine made with some peanut butter!

I personally prefer using marshmallows...cheaper, easier to work with and always in the pantry for other things. I do mine in the micro. Reading this site makes me hungry. :-)

Here are questions related to Substituting Marshmallow Creme for Marshmallows.

Question: Substituting Marshmallow Cream for Marshmallows

I have a recipe calling for 12 large marshmallows and all I have is marshmallow cream. Can anyone tell me how much cream I need to make up 12 large marshmallows? Please! Need answer asap. Thanks.

By Sunny

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy Kinney12/22/2012

In my book of substitutions, 6 miniature marshmallows = 1 large and 11 large = 1 cup. I don't know for sure that 1 cup of marshmallows would equal 1 cup of marshmallow cream, but I'm guessing that it would be close.