Substituting Marshmallow Creme for Marshmallows

I want to substitute marshmallow creme for marshmallows. I only have a recipe for Rice Krispie treats with marshmallows. How do I substitute the marshmallow creme for the marshmallows?

Jonna from Manheim, PA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By KL 3 554 02/27/2009

Here is a recipe for Krispie Treats from the original site. It uses marshmallows...but at the bottom of the recipe it says:

1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.

* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
* - OR -
* 4 cups miniature marshmallows
* 6 cups Rice Krispies

Rest of the recipe here:
There are a lot of other Krispie treat recipes of various types on that site too. I love mine made with some peanut butter!

I personally prefer using marshmallows...cheaper, easier to work with and always in the pantry for other things. I do mine in the micro. Reading this site makes me hungry. :-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Harlean from Arkansas 139 417 03/01/2009

When I had a snack bar at a local flea market years ago, I made these every week for the snack bar. I used 1 jar of marshmallow creme(7oz) and I would add 3 or 4 marshmallows to it as I heated the butter and the marshmallow creme. When the marshmallows had melted, I knew it was heated enough to add the Rice Krispies. I liked them better this way because they were softer than with all marshmallows.
Harlean from Arkansas

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Here are questions related to Substituting Marshmallow Creme for Marshmallows.

Question: Substituting Marshmallow Cream for Marshmallows

I have a recipe calling for 12 large marshmallows and all I have is marshmallow cream. Can anyone tell me how much cream I need to make up 12 large marshmallows? Please! Need answer asap. Thanks.

By Sunny

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy Kinney 12/22/2012

In my book of substitutions, 6 miniature marshmallows = 1 large and 11 large = 1 cup. I don't know for sure that 1 cup of marshmallows would equal 1 cup of marshmallow cream, but I'm guessing that it would be close.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No