Substituting Marshmallow Creme for Marshmallows

I want to substitute marshmallow creme for marshmallows. I only have a recipe for Rice Krispie treats with marshmallows. How do I substitute the marshmallow creme for the marshmallows?

Jonna from Manheim, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Here is a recipe for Krispie Treats from the original site. It uses marshmallows...but at the bottom of the recipe it says:

1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.

* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine

* 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows

* - OR -

* 4 cups miniature marshmallows

* 6 cups Rice Krispies

Rest of the recipe here:

http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?kic=true&recipe_id=1605

There are a lot of other Krispie treat recipes of various types on that site too. I love mine made with some peanut butter!

I personally prefer using marshmallows...cheaper, easier to work with and always in the pantry for other things. I do mine in the micro. Reading this site makes me hungry. :-)

When I had a snack bar at a local flea market years ago, I made these every week for the snack bar. I used 1 jar of marshmallow creme(7oz) and I would add 3 or 4 marshmallows to it as I heated the butter and the marshmallow creme. When the marshmallows had melted, I knew it was heated enough to add the Rice Krispies. I liked them better this way because they were softer than with all marshmallows.

Harlean from Arkansas

Answer

I have a recipe calling for 12 large marshmallows and all I have is marshmallow cream. Can anyone tell me how much cream I need to make up 12 large marshmallows? Please! Need answer asap. Thanks.

By Sunny

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In my book of substitutions, 6 miniature marshmallows = 1 large and 11 large = 1 cup. I don't know for sure that 1 cup of marshmallows would equal 1 cup of marshmallow cream, but I'm guessing that it would be close.

Read More Answers...
Marshmallows
Substituting Marshmallows and Marshmallow Creme
Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsFebruary 27, 2009
Tinker Toy looking sculpture
Making Marshmallow Sculptures
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Substituting Fat Free Cream Cheese When Baking
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 23, 2016 at 1:09:50 AM on 10.0.2.131 in 606 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.