Gluing the Soles of Gym Shoes

The rubber around my gym shoe separated. What can be used to make it stick together? Thanks.

By Barbara

There is a glue made specifically for gluing shoes but can't remember what it is called. I have seen it at our Menards stores if you have any of those near you.

The same thing is always happening to my husbands shoes and we bought a tube of glue at walmart in the shoe department. It works really well and I think it only cost around $5. Way cheaper than buying new shoes! I tried to find it so I could give you the name but was unsuccessful. I think the tube is red and black.

I think Shoe Goo is the name of the product used to glue shoes/sneakers back together.

The product is Goop - or Shoe Goop - that should work.

A big thank you for all of your responses. Tomorrow getting the Shoe Goop for gym shoes is on my agenda.

Most hardware stores carry it, too. It is called ShoGlu or ShoeGoo. and follow the directions as time to let it cure. It has been out for years, since I was in high school back in the '50s. Fixed tons of Vans and Keds for me and my friends.

I have used my hot glue gun for this before. Worked great and I didn't have to spend any money buying a special glue.

I used plain old super glue (dollar stores $1/pk), & my sole's holding up well, even in snow.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingFebruary 6, 2010
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
🎉
🎄