ThemesDecorating

Futuristic Decorating Ideas

I am on a tight budget, but I really want to give my home a makeover. I was watching a movie (The Glass House) and loved their house. I kind of wanted to redecorate my furniture, and repaint, etc to make it look more retro style or modern/contemporary look. So I went on the internet and I found the cool retro furniture I wanted, but I had no clue that it goes for so much.

Is there any way that I can make or redo the furniture i have now to look more retro (futuristic)? Example: I saw a really cool chair, they call it a bubble chair I think. It hangs from the ceiling or you can buy them to sit on the floor but it is literally a plastic bubble with a pillow to sit in. I also saw a fish tank coffee table. Just weird things like that. Something that people will look at and say "what in the heck is that?" Please help me.

THANKS!
Bree from Katy, TX

This link is for instructions on DIY fish tank coffee table. Looks do-able!

http://www.inst … 24U9775EP286M5Z/

We once bought a used fish tank & it was installed into an old console television cabinet, fit in there perfectly when viewed from the front. Very unique, especially in a room w/ no television. The top of the console was made into a hinged lid over the tank. The back was open for air circulation, extra access & wires. The cabinet was painted w/ that "stone look" rough finish spray paint.

Hi,

I too like odd and different things, I always wanted to make a coffee table out of a surf board .

Living in Pa I just can't find one thats priced low enough....but maybe that would be something you would like to try.

you might try the learning channel website. I think it is TLC.com , discovery channel site, or HGTV.com. All of these channels have decorating shows on them. They have hints from the decorators for any budget.

paint the walls a clear white or a nutarul color and take any accesorise u have in the house tht have dark colors away and replace them with white or nutural accosrise such as glass windchimes dreamcatchers lots off glass frames etc hope i helped amsh