Frugal Garden Stakes

I've been wanting garden stakes, but I wanted to make my own. So I finally came up with this idea. It's cheap and it works for me, just might work for you too.

• magazines or catalogs
  • cardstock paper (I used used greeting cards)
  • packing tape or clear Contact paper
  • scissors
  • glue (I used Elmer's glue)
  • Popsicle sticks

Directions:

1. Look through your magazines or catalogs, and cut out pictures of whatever you like (I cut small pictures of butterflies, flowers, birds, etc.)
  2. Trace that picture onto the used greeting card, then cut it out. On the card stock you can write anything you want, like the name of your flower, date when planted, or just anything you want.
  3. I used a Popsicle stick to add glue to the card stock cutout. Then glued my picture and the card stock together. Put the Popsicle stick in between both cutouts, only gluing in about 2 inches of the stick.
  4. Ad

5. With packing tape I covered it all except the Popsicle stick (be sure you cover all the paper with tape to protect it from the elements).
  6. I put mine in my garden, it rained the next day and my garden stakes held up from the hard rain we had. :) This frugal project is so easy even a child can do!
  7. By Jacquelyne Jean J. from Salisbury, MD

I love your idea. Very crafty and"Thrifty"too.

Thanks for pictures and sharing.

Thank you for your comment! These are working out good they have been through several hard rains and holding up well. Even children can make these they are so easy and fun too as well as very inexpensive!

I have one garden that I have a few farm animals in so I'm going to look for farm animal pictures and make my plant stakes for that garden.

Making Garden Stakes
Making Garden Stakes
Crafts Garden & Yard Plant MarkersJune 21, 2011
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Christmas yard decorations
Buying Stakes for Christmas Yard Decorations
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎄