Frugal Garden Stakes
I've been wanting garden stakes, but I wanted to make my own. So I finally came up with this idea. It's cheap and it works for me, just might work for you too.
- magazines or catalogs
- cardstock paper (I used used greeting cards)
- packing tape or clear Contact paper
- glue (I used Elmer's glue)
- Popsicle sticks
- Look through your magazines or catalogs, and cut out pictures of whatever you like (I cut small pictures of butterflies, flowers, birds, etc.)
- Trace that picture onto the used greeting card, then cut it out. On the card stock you can write anything you want, like the name of your flower, date when planted, or just anything you want.
- I used a Popsicle stick to add glue to the card stock cutout. Then glued my picture and the card stock together. Put the Popsicle stick in between both cutouts, only gluing in about 2 inches of the stick.
- With packing tape I covered it all except the Popsicle stick (be sure you cover all the paper with tape to protect it from the elements).
- I put mine in my garden, it rained the next day and my garden stakes held up from the hard rain we had. :) This frugal project is so easy even a child can do!
By Jacquelyne Jean J. from Salisbury, MD
June 22, 20110 found this helpful
I love your idea. Very crafty and"Thrifty"too.
Thanks for pictures and sharing.
June 24, 20110 found this helpful
Thank you for your comment! These are working out good they have been through several hard rains and holding up well. Even children can make these they are so easy and fun too as well as very inexpensive!
I have one garden that I have a few farm animals in so I'm going to look for farm animal pictures and make my plant stakes for that garden.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 8:11:20 PM on 10.0.1.51 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us