Marks on Lawn from Dog Urine

I have been told that I need to add tomato juice in with my male dog's food to assist with neutralizing his urine to prevent brown spots from his urine. Have you tried this and is it safe? We are having grass installed in our back yard and we want to enjoy the little bit we will have in the back yard.

By Tricia from Las Vegas, NV

I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Please take your baby to his Doctor to find out why his urine is so concentrated. Have a urinalysis done and then you Dr. can tell you what do do from there. Drinking more water would certainly help dilute his urine. Please do not add anything to his food unless a Doctor tell you to do so. Good luck.

dog peeing on grass
Fixing Grass Damaged By Dog Pee
Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 22, 2010
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout