Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

Instead of buying expensive fabric softener sheets, I put fabric softener in a spray bottle diluted 1:1 with water, spray Pellon interfacing material or a soft washcloth with about a dozen sprays, and throw it in the dryer.

I use Amway fabric softener which must be diluted but some brands may be OK to use without diluting. (If it doesn't spray easily, it may need to be diluted.) Wash the cloths every few loads to prevent buildup of fabric softener.

If there are a lot of pile fabrics or nylon garments in the wash that collect a lot of static electricity, try putting two or three sprayed cloths in the dryer. For garments that are dried on a line, just swab the surface of the garment with the cloth by hand. This method works especially well for my rubber-backed pile bathmat.

By Judy from Valley City, ND

I have found that the large quantities of fabric softner sheets are less expensive than bottled softener especially if you buy the ones in large box stores.

This works very well. I dilute it 2/3 softener and 1/3 water. I bought my last bottle of fabric softener in December 2008 and have well more than half left! I got this tip from Mary Hunt's website.

Better yet, just add vinegar in your rinse cycle. Cheap, does the trick and helps clean the scum from the washing machine.

Please remember to wash the removeable dryer lint filter with hot soapy water often to reduce drying time and prevent fires.

This is for fishermen or ladies. You can buy any brand fabric softener liquid and soak any strings or nets in it. It will last much longer. We have soaked and wiped down casting nets and crabtraps for years. The smell does not bother anything. Just wanted to let everybody know. J

February 9, 2010 Flag

Purchase your favorite fabric softener, pour into a fine mist spray bottle, and mist 3-6 times in your dryer for the freshest smelling clothes ever. A large bottle will last for months and hundreds of loads.

By Kim from Happytown USA

Answers:

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

Does this work to prevent static cling? (11/09/2009)

By OliveOyl

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

I might spray some on a rag but I would be afraid it would gunk up the dryer to just spray it in. (11/09/2009)

By Ariela

November 9, 2009 Flag

Instead of buying expensive dryer sheets, place a small amount of liquid fabric softener on a clean rag, and place it in the dryer with the wet clothes. Fabric softener is really not very good to put in your washing machine anyway. Clothes come out soft, sweet smelling, and without static cling, and will use much less softener.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

That's a good way to use liquid softener if you use it, but I prefer using the dryer sheets. The cheap store brands work just fine and I cut each sheet into thirds so one sheet is good for 3 loads. (01/13/2009)

By OliveOyl

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

Here is what I do with the liquid fabric softener, I pour out a small amount of the fabric softener into a small bowl and I completely saturate a wash cloth in it and then I wring it out and hang it to dry. I pour the unused fabric softener back in the bottle. I use this wash cloth in the dryer instead of dryer sheets. I make sure the wash cloth is a different color than my other ones so I always know which one is the softener cloth. The one washcloth will work through many loads and it saves a ton of money for me. (01/13/2009)

By binkylou

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

I water my fabric softener down by half and then just put a little on an old facecloth. I've had one container of fabric softener for over a year. Very economical in this day and age and it works. (01/13/2009)

By Connie from Canada

Use Fabric Softener in the Dryer

i keep store brand fabric softener in a mister bottle watered down just a little bit and mist the inside of the dryer with it. 5-7 shots of it works really well (01/14/2009)

By melody_yesterday

foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryFebruary 9, 2010
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Using Liquid Fabric Softener
Using Liquid Fabric Softener
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄