Longhorn's Onion Petals

Does anyone have the recipe for Onion Petals that are served at Longhorns. I had a recipe for it, but when my computer crashed, I lost it.

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By craftylady31 (Guest Post) 01/17/2006

i have the recipe for chili's awwesome blossom. will that help? i also have the recipe for the sauce

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By bunnieknit (Guest Post) 01/17/2006

I'd love to have the Awesome Blossom and sauce recipe, please.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By monika 1 4 01/18/2006

I would like someone's recipe version too please, hopefully with the sauce too. Thanks in advance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Melissa 10 01/18/2006

Yes craftylady 31 please post the recipe for chili's. recipe for blossom and onion. I love that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By craftylady31 at msn.com (Guest Post) 01/18/2006

1prepared onion,2-1/2 c. flour, 2 tsp.seasoned salt, 1/2 ground pepper, 1/4 garlic powder and buttermilk. mix all dry ingredients together. onion may be sliced like a blossom by cutting the top off. the top has the stem. then peel and be very careful to leave the root intact. carefully slice from the top down to within a 1/2 in. before you get to the root. slice the rest of the onion like a pie .when complete soak onion cold ice water for a 1/2 hour. so the petals will start to open and bloom. drain onion. dip in flour mixture. place in hot oil and fry until golden. oil should cover onion. when done drain well and place on plate and cut center out of onion so petals may easily removed. DIPPING SAUCE----1/2 c sour cream, 2tbs. catsup,1/2 tsp. seasonal, 1/8 tsp red pepper, 1 1/2 tsp. fresh horseradish and 1/4 tsp paprika. ENJOY

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Michael Carter 2 91 01/19/2006

I didn't find it at http://www.copykat.com/ but maybe they'll have it one day?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No