Browsing: Repairing Worn Porcelain Sinks and Bathtubs

Bathroom Sink Repair

Can anyone tell me how to repair or reglaze a bathroom sink where the finish is worn off around the drain?

Pat

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I had the same problem, after hiring Bath Gene to paint my sinks and bathtub. The paint wore off around the drain. My sinks are white, so I purchased some porcelen paint touch up at Home Depot. It last about a month with daily use, so I just dab on a little more and let dry throughly. It is a very small bottle, but last over a year. Hope this helps

Where I work, we only repair the marble sinks we make if they are messed up in a small spot. You will need some of the gel coat from the manufacturer, or you might be able to buy some from a hardware store, or wherever the sink was purchased. Make sure it's the right color. You'll have to catalyze the gelcoat, and put it on the worn spot. When it gets hard, you will have to sand it smooth, and buff it.

If the damaged spot is too big, just throw the sink in the garbage and get a new one. I'd say too big is bigger than 1/4 inch square, but you can give it a try and see how it looks.

I PULLED THE STOPPER OUT OF MY BATHROOM SINK AND THE PIN BROKE OFF THAT HOLDS DOWN HOW DO I REPAIR IT""

I have a nasty crack in my porcelain sink, which is spoiling my lovely bathroom. The sink is sunk in to a 5ft long marble top so I can't just replace it - it was so expensive! can anybody give me any ideas as to whether it can be mended?

Porcelain Sink
Repairing Worn Porcelain Sinks and Bathtubs
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomOctober 1, 2004
Clean white bathroom sink.
Keeping Your Bathroom Sink Clean
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:22:40 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.