Browsing: Watering Houseplants

Soda Bottle Plant Waterer

If you don't have time to water your houseplant, take a plastic soda bottle, fill it with water and insert the spout in the earth of your plant, the bottle will empty as the plant needs water. It is especially good if you are going on holiday or have a busy schedule. I swear by this method.

By Anita from Drummondville, Quebec

December 8, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know how to make a waterer from a soda bottle?

Sindy from WY

Answers:

Soda Bottle Waterer

You can cut the bottom off the bottle and drill small holes into the cap. Put the neck area in the region of the roots, and it will self-water once you fill with water in the open end. (06/27/2008)

By Nance

Soda Bottle Waterer

I leave the pop bottle whole. Punch holes in base. This way I fill bottle and put lid back on. This way it takes the water longer to come out of bottle and you don't lose water too fast or drown you plants.

NOTE: do not punch holes too big. Works for indoor plants too, just choose a smaller bottle. I fill bottle right at plant so I don't have to fight with a leaky bottle.
(06/28/2008)

By Cariboo Lady.

Watering Houseplants
Watering Houseplants
Home and Garden Gardening IrrigationDecember 8, 2009
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Soda Can Plant Labels
Making Soda Can Plant Labels
Chicken Waterer
Making Your Own Chicken Waterer
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 1:01:27 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.