Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Soda Bottle Plant Waterer

If you don't have time to water your houseplant, take a plastic soda bottle, fill it with water and insert the spout in the earth of your plant, the bottle will empty as the plant needs water. It is especially good if you are going on holiday or have a busy schedule. I swear by this method.

By Anita from Drummondville, Quebec

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Soda Bottle Waterer

Does anyone know how to make a waterer from a soda bottle?

Sindy from WY

RE: Soda Bottle Waterer

You can cut the bottom off the bottle and drill small holes into the cap. Put the neck area in the region of the roots, and it will self-water once you fill with water in the open end. (06/27/2008)

By Nance

RE: Soda Bottle Waterer

I leave the pop bottle whole. Punch holes in base. This way I fill bottle and put lid back on. This way it takes the water longer to come out of bottle and you don't lose water too fast or drown you plants.

NOTE: do not punch holes too big. Works for indoor plants too, just choose a smaller bottle. I fill bottle right at plant so I don't have to fight with a leaky bottle. (06/28/2008)

By Cariboo Lady.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.