China Girl (Domestic Shorthair)

China Girl is a 16 year old Domestic short hair cat. I obtained China Girl 14 years ago as a rescue. Her former owner was moving and unable to take her. China Girl was suppose to be put to sleep the day I got her. I was a last choice because I have kids and China Girl did not like kids. All has worked out well and China Girl allows the kids to love on her.

China Girl likes to sit on the back of the couch and watch what is going on around her. She loves to be petted and purrs so beautifully. We almost lost China Girl a few months back. She was very ill with pneumonia and had lost a lot of weight. With lots of love, I nursed her back to health as I cried inside for fear of her not making it. China Girl is doing well now and I tell her everyday how much I love her.

By Mary from Camden, MI. USA

Beautiful girl!

Meow! Meow!

God Bless you for taking good care of China Girl. She is so pretty and you are so lucky to have her. I have 4 cats and love them all. Guess I am on my way to being a "Cat Lady". There is a special place in heaven for people who treat animals well. Connie

What a beautiful kitty China Girl is! How fortunate you both were to find each other. Please give her a chin scratch for me.

Well done. Marg from England.

Aww! She is beautiful. My one cat Lady Gwenevere (Gwenny) lived to 17. Once when she was about 10 she had pneumonia also. She had to stay all night in an incubator at the vets. It was awful. But she made it through that. She also lost weight. The vet explained that when they can't smell their food, they won't eat it. He suggested getting her wet cat food, the stinky fishy kind, and that worked! I hope you have many years to go with her in your life.

Gray and white domestic shorthaired cat.
Domestic Shorthair Cat Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesNovember 27, 2009
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China
🎄