How to Determine Spacing of Grommets on Curtains

I am using large grommets in the top of my curtains. I need to know how far in should my first one be? The rest will be 8 inches apart.

Carrie L. from Eugene, OR

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Commercially made curtains tend to have the first grommet close to the end, not more than a couple of inches in from the edge. That's what I'd recommend for yours.

Make Curtains With Grommet
Making Curtains With Grommets
Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 2, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:47:30 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.