Spots on Marble

How do you remove water stains from marble?

By May from Orlando, FL

Check out places like Lowe's or Home Depot and even your local Ace Hardware for 'marble polishing paste' or 'marble polishing kits'.

October 26, 2010 Flag

I bought a new bathroom vanity with a marble countertop and it's getting water marks on it. Does anyone know how to clean it?

By Kim from Penetang, Ontariio

Spots on Marble

We used to clean our living room marble tabletops with toothpaste. I think it was like a baking soda toothpaste. Been many years ago.

Best Wishes, Gem (08/13/2010)

By maphisx7

August 10, 2010 Flag

I have white spots on my new marble vanity that look like it is deep in the marble.
It looks like the marble has faded, but it also feels a little rough. It looks as if something was sitting on it and left a ring.

Leigh from New Orleans, LA

Spots on Marble

I also have marble vanities (black) and have the water marks. I did some research and found that the water actually etched the surface. I have not found anything to fix the problem. I wipe the surface with marble polish to try to prevent more damage, I think it helps. I don't know why they use marble in the bathroom if it is so sensitive to water. (10/25/2007)

By Country Gal

Spots on Marble

Sometimes a small amount of cooking oil rubbed in can help disguise it. (10/26/2007)

By Lisa

Spots on Marble

Marble is also affected by acids, so if someone was cleaning with vinegar or CLR, that could have cause the damage. I don't think there would be a way to fix it, but perhaps the marble polish mentioned might help.

Louise, Nipawin, SK (10/26/2007)

By louel53

Cleaning Marble
Cleaning Marble
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureOctober 26, 2010
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Cultured Marble
Finishing the Edge of a Cultured Marble Countertop
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble