Evites Instead of Mailing Save-the-Date Cards

Because our wedding had a short lead time, we sent out save-the-date emails through Evite. It was much easier than phoning everyone and cheaper than mailing them.

By Pam from CA

just so you know. it is only cheaper for you. i understand the concept but if your wedding date was not planned, a phone call may have been nice also.

Don't be surprised if all don't get evites in time,

sometimes due to work etc..personal emails are last

on list to look at...perhaps a phone call or even

a cute postcard.

If everyone on your list is good about checking then

it sounds like a great idea, easier and cheaper than

mail.

I think sending evites is a great idea too. But I also agree with the others. You really need to follow up with a phone call. Better yet get a box of Postcards/Index Cards by Avery and create a little invitation that you can send out in the mail. Postcards cost less than letters or cards to mail. Plus people will have a printed reminder in their hands. The box of printable postcards cost around $7 and postcard stamps are .24 each. So if you invite 100 people that would be $24. So for around $40 or less (including the cost for the ink you will use) you can send out a great remainder and maybe have more people come then not. I know that when I get busy with work and my family email is the last thing I check. It can set for weeks before I get a chance to. Plus emails can get lost in cyber space or it might go to some ones spam/junk folder and they may never see it. BTW, Congrats.

Pam responds - We only used the Evites for pre-wedding "Save the Date" invitations, and sent out real printed ones somewhat later, too - This was because there wasn't a long lead time for the wedding.

Weddings InvitationsMarch 21, 2006
Mail Tips
Mail Tips and Tricks
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Padded Envelopes
Saving Money on Mailing Supplies
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🎉
🎄