Jewelry Stand

I made one for the first granddaughter when she was in the 2nd grade. Now the second granddaughter wanted one so I couldn't refuse her. Make a cute wood jewelry stand to hang necklaces and put your rings on so you know where to find them.

Approximate Time: 3 hours.

• scrap wood
  • drill
  • drill bits
  • pencil
  • tape measure
  • paint
  • paint brush
  • dowels
  • wood and fabric glue
  • felt
  • screw in hooks
  • nail
  • hammer
  • saw
  • sandpaper

Collect your supplies.

1. Decide how wide and tall you want it to be. Mine is approximately 12 inches tall. 6 1/2 inches wide on the bottom and the top is 5 inches wide.
  2. Ad

3. Cut your pieces with a saw. My dowel was 3/8 inch round x 2 1/2 inches long for the ring pegs. The center dowel was about 9 1/2 inches long.
  4. Drill a hole the size of the center dowel in the center of the bottom piece. Also, drill a hole the size of the dowel in the top piece on the underneath of the wood. Drill 2 holes in the bottom piece on either side of the hole for the center dowel.
  5. Ad

6. Sand all pieces. Sand the corners and edges so they are not sharp.
  7. Glue the dowels in their drilled holes using wood glue. Hammer if it's a tight fit.
  8. Paint several coats.
  9. Measure and mark where the hooks will go. I put 2 rows and alternated the rows so necklaces can hang without tangling. Screw the hooks in tightly.
  10. Glue the felt on the bottom with fabric glue.

By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH

Beautiful, I'll have hubby try to make one for our daughter.

Sawing Wood Craft Project
Wood Craft Projects
Crafts WoodworkingMay 15, 2009
jewelry box with drawers overflowing with jewelry
Wearing Costume Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Costume Jewelry
Cleaning Costume Jewelry
Making a Jewelry Box
Making a Jewelry Box