Cartridge Fountain Pen Won't Write

I have a fountain pen that won't write. I've rinsed out every molecule of dried ink; I've soaked the nib in water and even dipped it in alcohol. When I attach an ink cartridge and squeeze it, the point still doesn't show a drop of ink. Has anyone solved this problem?

By Jill in MD from Near DC

I've had this problem in the past and found out that there was a tiny piece of lint or paper fiber jammed in the nib.

Check it out under a strong light and use a magnifying glass if necessary. If there is lint, you should be able to remove it with a straight pin or tweezers. Good luck.

Check out this link: ... medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 3, 2009
markers in holder
Pen and Pencil Holder Ideas
Inexpensive Water Fountain
Building an Inexpensive Water Fountain
Ink cartridges inside of a printer.
Preventing an Ink Cartridge From Drying Out
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start