Shop For Christmas During Back To School

This may sound really crazy to a lot of people but I have a way of saving money at Christmas time that is unique. In August when the kids go back to school, our state has a no tax weekend for school supplies and other school related items. I buy up a lot of .22,.50,17, etc. items such as glue, pencils, paper, scissors crayons.

I make a package of these items using a brown lunch bag with Christmas candy inside. I make 16 of these for my Bible class. 16 gifts would be a LOT of money but not doing it this way. Besides by Christmas they have lost pencils, broken crayons and are ready for a new batch. It ends up costing less than $2.00 for each child. What else can you buy for 16 children and not break the bank.

Connie A. from Tenn.

I think this is a wonderful idea. with everything increasing in price it is so hard to get something nice for a small price

great thinking !!

As a retired teacher who had to supply many children, I ALSO liked getting Christmas gifts of pencils, erasers, etc. You would be surprised how much some teachers have to spend on their classes.

I bought my Christmas decorations for hanging and display this year, last December after Christmas. There were a few post Christmas sales and I decided to go shopping with my best friend. My best friend bought a plastic Christmas tree with built in lights. The Christmas tree was one of the best bargains and it was in perfect condition! I also bought gift baskets, wine holder, Christmas wreaths and kids Santa Claus costumes at really special discounts. I look forward to this December to deck out those beautiful Christmas decorations I bought last year!

Holidays and Parties Christmas PlanningAugust 12, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
Girl Getting on the Bus to go Back to School
Preparing Kids for Going Back to School