Make Your Own Scented Bin Liners (Plastic Garbage Bags)

Do they have a machine that will saturate scented oil into a plastic trash bag? I would want to use it for my kitchen bags.

By Robert from Philadelphia, PA

I have never heard of a machine that does this, but what I do is put some nice-smelling perfume or oils around the top of the bag. I have a lot of old body sprays in scents that ended up not working or me but they still smell good, so I spray the bag with those too.

November 22, 2010 Flag

Why pay extra money for the scented bin liners (garbage or trash bags), when all you need to do is wipe a liner with a little vanilla essence or a bit of lemon juice.

When I went to the store the other day (in Australia) I saw the scented kind for $2.60 while the unscented ones were $1.55. While that doesn't sound like a big difference, if you are buying them frequently that little difference adds up. I buy them once a month so that's $12 every year.

These $1 savings here and there add up and the bigger picture is that you have $12 extra to pay off those niggling bills you have let mount up. Who knows, even that huge credit card bill (before you switched to being frugal) can be paid off with those types of savings.

Cheers
Bev

Editor's Note: Readers may also find this recent Brainstorm helpful.

Keeping Trash From Smelling:

Tips for keeping trash from smelling in the kitchen.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf425473.tip.html

Answers:

Good idea. You can also get those scented oils at candle departments. A bottle of those is pretty cheap and will do many, many bags. Oil of peppermint or lilac maybe. Gardenia is a favorite of mine. You can also just sprinkle a little baking soda in the bottom of the can too. It won't smell pretty, no smell at all actually, but it will hold down any other odor. (10/22/2009)

By eveh

October 22, 2010 Flag

Cheers
Bev

Keeping Trash From Smelling:

Answers:

Good idea. You can also get those scented oils at candle departments. A bottle of those is pretty cheap and will do many, many bags. Oil of peppermint or lilac maybe. Gardenia is a favorite of mine.
You can also just sprinkle a little baking soda in the bottom of the can too. It won't smell pretty, no smell at all actually, but it will hold down any other odor. (10/22/2009)

By eveh

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 22, 2010
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
sewing
Making Your Own Panty Liners
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
🎉
🎄