Organizing Craft Stamps

Here is what helps me keep my stamps organized. I found these old wooden boxes (50 cents at the thrift shop), with a lid attached. As I filled each box, I would stamp the image onto a plain white piece of paper, which I also found at the thrift shop. This was my directory to help me find my stamps easier. I placed the paper inside a page protector (again from the thrift shop) to protect the paper.

Now whenever I add a new stamp, I just stamp the image and place the stamp in the box. I can now find the stamp easier and place the stamp back in it's original spot.

By Jetruth from Waterloo, IA

For the same reason as you wouldn't want to store rubber stamps in paper or cardboard boxes, you would not want to store your (often costly) rubber stamps in wooden boxes... the rubber will dry out. However, I do like the idea of stamping each stamp onto paper before storing. in some form of plastic container (box or bag) by category, such as holiday, words, etc.

Rubber Stamps
Storing and Organizing Rubber Stamps
Organizing CraftsApril 7, 2010
Storing Postage Stamps
Storing Postage Stamps
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps