Product Review: Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets

Product: Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets

Model: Starter Pack

Manufacturer: Purex

Cost: $9.99

This product combines laundry detergent, fabric softener, and a dryer sheet into a single sheet which you place into the washer with your clothes and then transfer to the dryer. The sheet starts out stiff with detergent which washes out in the washer and then feels like a normal dryer sheet when it comes out of the dryer.

I've been using these for a couple weeks and have been generally happy. They are a lot less messy than liquid detergent which I always seem to manage to spill. They seem to dissolve as well or better than powder detergent. There is nothing to measure so I only have to decide if the load is big enough to warrant two sheets. The starter pack comes with a plastic dispenser which is really not essential. You get more sheets for the same price if you simply buy the refills. Comes in three scents: Pure and Clean, Spring Oasis, and Tropical Escape.

I think this product would be good for college students since it is so easy to use. it would be easier to throw a sheet or two right in the hamper before going down to the laundry room rather than carrying entire bottles or buying single use detergents.

Pros: Nothing to measure. Ensures each load has detergent, fabric softener, and a dryer sheet.

Cons: More expensive than buying individual products.

Cost: $9.99 for a starter pack with 20 loads. Refills are $9.99 for 24 loads. Larger loads require two sheets.

http://www.purex.com/purex-3-in-1/

Free Sample: http://www.trypurex.com/Purex_3-in-1_Free_Sample/

By fletc3her from Seattle, WA

Here they are less than $6.00 each for the starter kit and refill. I found these last year when hubby had to travel out of state for work and had to do laundry. No spilled soap, no mess from leaking bottle etc. Will supply to son when he moves to his first place and has to go to the laundry area, well worth the money when doing clothes outside the house.

I think it's a great idea but a little pricey for my budget. I did get a sample in the mail though and was able to cut it into several strips. Each piece was more than enough to do a large load. Everything came out clean and fresh smelling.

I like them. They are convenient, and I think probably better for the environment because the shipping to the store must be much easier and less costly. I thought they did a good job and left the laundry smelling great.

I'd be more concerned about the chemicals we are dumping in to our rivers. We don't know what stabilizers are being used. I use half the recommeded amount of laundry liquid and cut my dryer sheets in four and they still work and maybe even a second time.

I have used them before. The first few times I used them I loved them. Until, when doing a load of pastels/whites, that yellow strip on the sheet permanently stained my favorite white summer sweater in several places. I tried everything to remove the stain. Even, as a last ditch effort, bleach. Nothing removed the stain so I had to toss the sweater. They are already pricey, but if they worked well and didn't damage my clothes I would have purchased them whenever I could splurge. But after that, they are not worth the price to me, so never again.

Laundry Detergent
Laundry Product Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Cleaning LaundryJuly 7, 2010
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets
🎉
🎄