Hiring Someone to Make a Quilt Out of Ties

Does anyone know of a company or person to actually make a quilt from ties? I've found a company that makes pillows, but I'd prefer to give my daughter a quilt made from her Dad's ties. Thanks!

Sharon from Philadelphia, PA

Go onto Craigs list & look around, or post an ad on http://sewing.patternreview.com ... or go to a quilting fair in your community & ask around... You may even be able to get information or post a note on a bulletin board at a fabric or quilting supply store.

* Start by looking up "Quilting Supplies" in you local phone book, then calling around & asking questions.

Please let me know if you've found someone to make the quilt. I'd like to help. I have a pattern for a purse using about 15 ties.

oh..I have a beautiful one that my grandmother started but never finished.It's so old that I'm afraid to mess with it.. But good luck

Oh..I have a beautiful tie quilt that my grandmother made but never finished.It's so old that I am afraid to touch it. I don't even know how to finish it.. Only one side of it is done.. but it is beautiful.. good luck in your search.. I'll check back and maybe someone could give me tips on how to finish this one.. I don't have a sewing machine so it would all be done by hand

You could check with some churches. I know there are many Lutheran churches that have ladies quilting groups, one of these ladies might like to put one together for you.

Find the book called "Daddy's Ties," by Barbara Dotson. It's still in print. She shows a Dresden Plate, which is a wonderful pattern for neckties. Then find a quilter who'll make it for you. It will be expensive. You should expect to pay $300-$600 for a finished quilt, full/queen.

Good Luck blind/_/quilter/@/yahoo/.com/

I have just discovered this website so you may already have your quilt made, however, if not, I make quilts from neckties and would be happy to discuss this project with you.

My friend just made a quilt made of ties, I think she did a very nice job. I don't know what she charges or anything. We live in WA State though so that might be too far a way to enlist. She sent a picture but I deleted it and don't know how to load it if I find it.

I have quilted for many, many years and over the years have made memory pillows. It is quite tedious work, but very rewarding. They are washed beforehand and have to be taken apart. They are stabilized and pieced onto muslin. If you can picture a crazy quilt, that is the way I make use of each tie. So glad you guys saved the ties. My dad died when I was a teenager and he worked in an office and had tons of them. Let me know if I can help anyone. Mary

I hope you have already found someone to make your quilt from neck ties, but, if you haven't feel free to contact me. I was approached just yesterday by someone at a function who asked me to make 5 quilts from her Dad's neck ties. I would be happy to discuss this with you. Thank you!

I am interested in finding someone to make a quilt tie

I am interested in finding someone to make a quilt tie please contact me

Please contact me if you make quilts from ties

I have a hand made quilt top made by my husband's great aunt about 60 yrs ago. I would like it made into a quilt. I do not want machine quilting as the stitching on the top was all done by hand. It is a double bed size.

patchwork quilt
Hiring Someone to Make a Quilt
Crafts QuiltingFebruary 20, 2008
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎉
🎄