CleaningProduct Reviews

Reviews Of Shamwow Cloths

Has anyone bought the Shamwow cloths advertised on T.V.? Does it work as stated?

Darlene from Wisconsin

The consumer reporter at the local tv station did a review. They replicated everything they showed in the commericial and it didn't live up to what they claimed especially the amount of liquid they said it absorbed. The rags they used in comparision did the same. They gave it two thumbs down.

OOPS...that was me below...or above ...re: the tv consumer reporter testing. I keep getting logged out.

Anonymous

Beware of 'any' TV advertised products because they usually are too good to be true and especially when they offer 'We'll double the order for the same price"! Don't forget they usually tack on a hefty shipping and handling charge!

We picked up ours at a trade show where they demonstrated it and we were right up front. It worked! Two weeks later we had to have a toilet replaced and our bathroom is carpeted. Alot of water was spilled. I used the shamwow and it soaked up all the water such that the carpet felt instantly dry. Couldn't take the carpet up to see underneath, but it was definitely dry to the touch on top. My son also used one to chamois his car-said it worked great because we have hard water and it stains when it dries. With the shamwow, it didn't streak or stain.

All it did was push the water around on any of my vehicles. A microfibre towel works much better and 75% cheaper. As for soaking up spills, any household towel is just as effective. Glad my mother-in-law paid for them and not me. I've since thrown them all in the garbage where they belong.

I just bought a box of ShamWow. Initially I was disappointed, but I found that once they have been wet and allowed to dry, they work beautifully. Straight out of the box, no. They just push the water around. But wet them and let them dry, and they work great!