Getting Rid of Mosquitoes

Pass this on to anyone who likes sitting out in the evening or when they're having a cook out. So you don't like those pesky mosquitoes, especially now that they have the potential to carry the West Nile Virus?

Here's a tip that was given at a recent gardening forum.

Put some water in a white dinner plate and add just a few drops of Lemon Fresh Joy dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, or the white plate, but mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet of the plate.

Check this out - it works just super! May seem trivial, but it may help control mosquitoes around your home, especially in the South and elsewhere where the West Nile virus is reaching epidemic proportions in mosquitoes, birds, and humans.

ALSO, PUT A FAN OUT ON YOUR PORCH OR DECK. FLIES AND MOSQUITOS HATE THE FORCE OF THE AIR BLOWING

Hey---anything is worth a try!!! We love to sit out, but hate to bother with any sprays since we won't be out very long!! So, I'll give this a try!!! Thanks!!!

I will have to try this one and I have something to pass on went to old orchard beach and they had deep fried oreo cookies with powdered sugar that were so very yummy in my tummy ya need to try these thanks

This is an old Internet hoax :-(

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/dishsoap.asp

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

I had heard that Bounce dryer sheets would also repel mosquitos. We tried it at an evening, outdoor wedding shower. Everyone tucked a piece of dryer sheet into a sleeve or collar. It SEEMED to work but could have been co-incidence. They usually love me and this evening--no bites.

The fan sounds like a better idea. At least I would not have spent the evening thinking of all the laundry I had to do.

bounce sheets (dryer sheets)work relly well almost as good as OFF

The listerine works the best!

Have you considered installing a bat house? I have had much success with these after reading about it 2 years ago. While it doesn't eliminate them completely, it reduces the mosquito population dramatically. I think it is one of the safest and most economical ways of getting rid of them. http://www.quazen.com/Recreation/Ou ... ntrol-A-Bats-Natural-Instinct.724249

Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesJuly 11, 2006
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
backyard pond
Keeping Mosquitoes Out of a Pond
🎉
🎄