Sea Shells Mosaic

How can I put a copy of seashells onto my formica bathroom sink. I want to mosaic it but I am not that great of an artist I am. I do have black and white drawings.

Robin from Altus, OK

Answers

Hi Robin. What you need to do is trace your pattern using tracing paper. Then take a piece of transfer paper, which is similar to carbon paper only waxy. You will find this where you buy craft supplies. Place the transfer paper on the surface you want to transfer your design to (make sure you have waxy side down), then place your traced image on top of the transfer paper. Using a ball point pen or stylus, retrace your pattern. This will transfer a waxy outline of your pattern on to the counter of your sink. If the pattern is not clear enough, you can go over the outlines once again. This is when you will be glad that you took the time to trace your pattern, as you'll be able to see through the tracing paper to reposition your pattern, and then slide the transfer paper underneath it and retrace.

Hope that helps.

Crafts AdviceJuly 21, 2006
Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Making a Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Clean Seashells
Cleaning Seashells
Taco Shells
Making Taco Shells
sea shell switch plate
Decorating With Sea Shells
🎉
🎄