Peroxide to Whiten Teeth

My mom told me that you can dip your wet tooth brush into a bottle of peroxide, then brush your teeth with it. Over time, your teeth will become much whiter. Just don't swallow the peroxide. I have found that it works after about a week of daily use. The bottle of peroxide only costs .99 at most drug and food stores.

By McCollonough from TN

My dentist recommended that the peroxide should be diluted with water by 1/2. It is a good rinse after you brush too.

I also use peroxide on my toothbrush then dip into baking soda. Be careful using this paste around your gums as the peroxide can burn. I rinse thoroughly then brush my teeth with my regular toothpaste. My teeth feel like I just came from the dentist.

Can this be done with Dentures? Thanks

Great tip, but you shouldn't dip your toothbrush into a good bottle of peroxide, instead pour some on the brush. You can get it on sale for 50 cents a bottle all the time, so the little you waste pouring it is better than contaminating the whole bottle with your toothbrush germs.

This is a great, inexpensive way of whitening teeth plus once a week I soak our toothbrushes in Peroxide to santize them.

Hi I have been doing for over 50 years and my gums and teethe kept their health all this time. By the way use a small cup and pour the Pertoxide in it instead of using the bottle. This way the peroxide can be used for other purposes instead. Peroxide can be used to clean up after washing over the sink as it kills virus and bacteria.

Do not do this! Only non peroxide <a href="http://www.whit … s">teeth whitening gel</a> is now allowed for home use in Europe because of the risk of enamel damage and gum burn.