Removing Furniture Marks From Rugs

How can I remove furniture marks from rugs?

Fran from Penna

I will tell you what worked for me. I put a pretty wet wash cloth on the mark and then set my hot iron on the wash cloth. The steam from the wash cloth lifted the pile of the carpet. I had to repeat it a couple of times. Hope this helps.

I don't remember where I heard this, but if you put an ice cube in the divot left from the furniture leg, as it melts it should lift up the pile and dry as good as new. If that doesn't work, then I'd try the ironing idea. Just don't push down, because that'd just make a bigger flat spot!

Where I live there is a local hometown radio station that has a half hour program of problems and solutions. This question has been asked but I have never personally tried it. It's worth a shot. Place 2 Ice cubes into the indention and let them melt then work the mark out. Sounded strange to me but it may work I don't know. Good Luck

I used the ice idea, but it didn't do anything for my carpet!

My husband used to work for a carpet manufacturing plant and he taught me this. I use the steam iron with a small towel. Lay the towel over the indentation in the carpet and then just use the iron such as you would a pressing cloth. I have also used my travel steam iron and just hold it directly over the indentation. After a short steaming, just brush the carpet with your hand and it will come back up as normal.

If there's an indentation, try a steamer or place an ice cube on it.

Home and Garden Home Improvement CarpetApril 15, 2008
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎉
🎄