Easy Potato Peeling

I just received this tip from a friend who sent me the youtube website. It is a real time-saver for peeling potatoes, especially for potato salad.

Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Wash potatoes and score around the center with a sharp knife. Drop the potatoes into the boiling water and let cook for about 15 minutes. Remove potatoes from boiling water and put them into a bowl of ice water, one at a time, for about 10 seconds. Remove from cold water and pull the skins off from both ends.

Source: Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island is in this video on youtube.

The link doesn't go to the video, says it's a malformed video ID, but I searched and found it anyhow. What a great tip, I will have to try it when I want to make potato salad.

Editor's Note: Oops, I fixed the link. Thanks for letting us know.

great idea and it was great seeing Dawn Wells again. Used to watch her all the time. I am so glad she is doing well. Dawn thanks again for the tip.

Peeling Potatoes
Peeling Potatoes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsMarch 25, 2009
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
🎉
🎄