Leprechaun Trap

This is a picture my sister in law sent me, I'm not sure if she made it, but her kids check it every day to see if they caught anything. It's a leprechaun trap!

By Pico from St Paul, Alberta

Totally cute... but I gotta ask.... what's sitting on top of the hat?

This reminded me of one of my favorite crafting experiences. One year I let my special needs elementary school kids build "leprechaun traps" every morning up until St. Patrick's Day. Often I would "spring" two or three of their traps and put a little piece of candy in there. On the actual day, I put little bitty felt hats that I had made in each trap. One of my little boys would put his hat on and say, "Now you can't see me!" Then he would take it off and be visible again. That was a great experience.

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-cr ... n/ff0309-to-catch-a-leprechaun2.html

From Family Fun magazine. Very cute!

Why Mary Moo, it's gold of course :)

My three sisters and I used to make traps similar to this when we were little. The oldest two would dip a Ken doll shoe in green paint to create foot prints along the inside of the house at night. They would also write a note 'from the leprechaun.' This went on until me and the youngest figured out it was them. Hehe

Leprechaun Trap
Making a Leprechaun Trap
Crafts St. Patrick's DayMarch 9, 2009
Dryer Lint Trap
Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap
Paper Bag Leprechaun Puppet
Paper Bag Leprechaun Puppet
Leprechaun Trap
Leprechaun Trap Cake
Little Boy Laying in the Grass Dressed as a Leprechaun
Making a Leprachaun Costume