Is There A Miniature Jack Russell?

Is there such a breed of dog as a Miniature Jack Russell? If not, what is the breed that looks almost identical?

Emily from Launceston, TAS

You might be thinking of a toy fox terrier.

I have a miniature Rat Terrier. Rat Terriers look very similar to Jack Russells, but the have a more narrow face and not square like Jack Russells. She has pointy ears, not floppy like a Jack Russell. We think that she might be part Rat Terrier and part Chihuahua and that she is just called a "miniature" Rat Terrier.

I have 2 JRT's one is called an English and one and Irish I can't remember which is which (LOL) but they look different and I bred them. The male is Sketty, and the female is Dixie.

This pic is of Dixie she is pregnant in this one she delivered on 3-18-08

And this one is Sketty

and I know this has nothing to do with JRT's but this is my other baby Meatball!!

While not considered a miniature there is a short legged Russel, there cute, smart and usually have a attitude but that may be the owners fault, one thing to remember is that you HAVE to be the Boss, there really persistante if they want to do something, like chase anything that moves and I mean anything, they can be a handful to say the least,,,but i love mine :-)

There is no miniature jr. My female had 7 pups. We kept the runt. You might try that if you want a small one. The thing about this breed is you never know what you are getting since they are a combination of 5 breeds.

This is my mini jack russel Oscar, and my other dog Porter.

Yes there is a mini JR. I have one.

This is my little girl Gabby. She will be 2 in Feb. We are going to look at a new menber of the family Saturday. The guy tells us that it is a mini jack. I just think they are all just small pups. My last three dogs have been rotties. Very fun dogs, But the jack will keep you young. Always on the move. I am so glad we have a place for her to run. She loves to find mice.

My friend has three short legged Irish Jack's. They are so small compared to my Jack-a-Bee (Jack/Beagle mix). She has them in lots of training and they do shows for lure coursing and agility. Very smart dogs these Jacks are!

A miniature "Jack Russell" is actually a JRT/Mini Pinscher mix or Mini-Jack. I own 1 and she totally looks like both breeds.

Pets Dogs Dog BreedsMarch 24, 2008
Shinook the Jack Russell Terrier looking at Jett the Crow
Jack Russell Terrier - Photos and Breed Information
Miniature Crochet
Miniature Crochet Tips
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Jack Sparrow Costume
Jack Russel Terrier Mix
Jack Russell Terrier Mix Photos
🎉
🎄