Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine User Manuals

My mother has an old Good Housekeeper sewing machine that needs a manual. It is a Deluxe automatic zig zag precision sewing machine made in Japan, Model 400. I was wondering if anyone could help me in locating a manual for it. She really likes it. It also does embroidering. She says it is turquoise blue. Thanks!

Lynne from Fort Wayne, IN

PLease provide a website for the machine 1250 Zig Zag Japanese made. I just recieved this old machine.

try this one.. this may help you find a manual for the sewing machine www.ifixmachines.com

May 31, 2012 Flag

I need a user manual for a Good Housekeeper sewing machine S#37026. Do you have any idea where I can find one?

By Sandi N

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Type your sewing machine name and model # into the "web" and you should come up with some places. There are sites that specifically sell sewing machine parts and booklets. You can also try etsy, ebay, amazon, etc.

Many companies will have a printer friendly version of their booklets.

Why not contact the Co. itself? Just give the model no. & they should send you one. Good Luck.

February 1, 2009 Flag

I bought my wife a Good Housekeeper sewing machine however it didn't have a manual for it. Does anyone know how to find one?

Robert from CA

You could try www.safemanuals.com

and put your request in the search database.Good Luck!

I also had a problem with my White sewing machine. I lost the manual and could not find one anywhere on the internet. I contacted the company and they emailed me a pdf file of the manual for free. You will need to know the manufacturer and model numbers.

Robert, go on line and look up the mfg. E-mail them with the info. about the sewing machine,=model make ect. Tell them that you lost your hand book, they will send you another one, probably free, or for a small fee.

I buy stuff at thrift stores, and there is never directions or handbooks, I contact the mfg. and usually am able to get a handbook for my self.

I'd contact a local senior center and leave an appeal on the bulletin board there in case any of them have the brand of machine you have, because elders, like me, often keep EVERYTHING in case the items are needed, as is in your case. : )

August 17, 2013 Flag

I have a Good House Keeper sewing machine, model 950-b. I can't find any info on this model. Can anyone help?

By BK

According to this post on YouTube, Good Housekeeper sewing machines were 'badged' for the brand but are actually White sewing machines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1TXZsIKUc

So a search using the term 'badged white sewing machines' might yield more info for you, plus the video I linked also has other videos using this particular brand badge.

Happy sewing:)

March 7, 2012 Flag

At an estate sale, I purchased a Housekeeper sewing machine, model #S-10. How can I find a manual? There is no address on the machine. It has a made in Japan label on the bottom of the machine.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

By J.B.

Have you tried simply Googling using the search term housekeeper model s-10 sewing machine instruction manual?

I love buying vintage machines (mostly Singers since parts are still readily available) and frequently find manuals for a specific machine by Googling keying in the maker, model number, and instruction manual to the search bar.

I always get a ton of 'hits'. Sometimes it takes a while to find what I'm really looking for, but I do find most of the ones I need. Some are free, some are a PayPal download, but in all the years I've been Googling machine manuals, the only one I cannot find is a 50s era Russian made Jones, lol!

October 28, 2007 Flag

I am looking for an old sewing machine manual. It's a Good Housekeeper, mode KNB, serial number 212921. I'm not even sure how to thread it properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jennifer from Southaven, MS

Answers:

Email the company they should be able to send you one tell them how you got the machine and no manuel. Good Luck (10/13/2005)

By debbie

You might look for one on Ebay - I noticed once that there were several on there - it may not be your model but it's worth a try. Also you might check on the internet as sometimes things like this are available to download. Last idea would be to call the company and see if you can buy one or have them send you one. (10/14/2005)

Have you tried to find a manual in .pdf format on the internet that you can download? Many companies now have user manuals available in this format on their site. (10/15/2005)

By Cindy Irby

Try sewusa.com. I got a manual for an old Kenmore that I bought at a church sale...If they have your model they will even show a free page on how to thread your machine.
Good luck..happy sewing.... Anita (12/16/2005)

By GraNita

Sewing Machine
Finding Sewing Machine Manuals
Crafts SewingJune 16, 2008
closeup of sewing machine foot and needle
Finding Coronado Sewing Machine Manuals
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Memory Craft and Hello Kitty sewing machine manuals
Finding Janome Sewing Machine Manuals
🎉
🎄