Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine User Manuals

My mother has an old Good Housekeeper sewing machine that needs a manual. It is a Deluxe automatic zig zag precision sewing machine made in Japan, Model 400. I was wondering if anyone could help me in locating a manual for it. She really likes it. It also does embroidering. She says it is turquoise blue. Thanks!

Lynne from Fort Wayne, IN

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By reaver01/30/2009

try this one.. this may help you find a manual for the sewing machine www.ifixmachines.com

By reaver01/30/2009

By Adrienne (Guest Post)11/08/2008

PLease provide a website for the machine 1250 Zig Zag Japanese made. I just recieved this old machine.

Here are questions related to Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine User Manuals.

Question: Information on Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine Model 950-b

I have a Good House Keeper sewing machine, model 950-b. I can't find any info on this model. Can anyone help?

By BK

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]08/22/2013

According to this post on YouTube, Good Housekeeper sewing machines were 'badged' for the brand but are actually White sewing machines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1TXZsIKUc

So a search using the term 'badged white sewing machines' might yield more info for you, plus the video I linked also has other videos using this particular brand badge.

Happy sewing:)

Question: Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine User Manual

I need a user manual for a Good Housekeeper sewing machine S#37026. Do you have any idea where I can find one?

By Sandi N

Most Recent Answer

By Karen H. [10]06/04/2012

Why not contact the Co. itself? Just give the model no. & they should send you one. Good Luck.

Question: Housekeeper Sewing Machine Manual

At an estate sale, I purchased a Housekeeper sewing machine, model #S-10. How can I find a manual? There is no address on the machine. It has a made in Japan label on the bottom of the machine.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

By J.B.

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]03/08/2012

Have you tried simply Googling using the search term housekeeper model s-10 sewing machine instruction manual?

I love buying vintage machines (mostly Singers since parts are still readily available) and frequently find manuals for a specific machine by Googling keying in the maker, model number, and instruction manual to the search bar.

I always get a ton of 'hits'. Sometimes it takes a while to find what I'm really looking for, but I do find most of the ones I need. Some are free, some are a PayPal download, but in all the years I've been Googling machine manuals, the only one I cannot find is a 50s era Russian made Jones, lol!

Question: Instruction Manual For Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine

I bought my wife a Good Housekeeper sewing machine however it didn't have a manual for it. Does anyone know how to find one?

Robert from CA

Most Recent Answer

By Lynda (Guest Post)02/06/2009

I'd contact a local senior center and leave an appeal on the bulletin board there in case any of them have the brand of machine you have, because elders, like me, often keep EVERYTHING in case the items are needed, as is in your case. : )

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine User Manuals

I am looking for an old sewing machine manual. It's a Good Housekeeper, mode KNB, serial number 212921. I'm not even sure how to thread it properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Jennifer from Southaven, MS

RE: Good Housekeeper Sewing Machine User Manuals

Email the company they should be able to send you one tell them how you got the machine and no manuel. Good Luck (10/13/2005)

By debbie

You might look for one on Ebay - I noticed once that there were several on there - it may not be your model but it's worth a try. Also you might check on the internet as sometimes things like this are available to download. Last idea would be to call the company and see if you can buy one or have them send you one. (10/14/2005)

Have you tried to find a manual in .pdf format on the internet that you can download? Many companies now have user manuals available in this format on their site. (10/15/2005)

By Cindy Irby

Try sewusa.com. I got a manual for an old Kenmore that I bought at a church sale...If they have your model they will even show a free page on how to thread your machine. Good luck..happy sewing.... Anita (12/16/2005)

By GraNita