Dump Truck Birthday Cake

For my son's second birthday, we had a construction zone theme. We put a new toy plastic dumptruck on the table to fill with chips (until my son wanted to play with it!), the invitations were made with hard-hat die cuts, and the cake was a truck with donut wheels. It was made from two loaf pans and a half-sheet cake which were cut to shape, stacked and frosted. For a little extra height due to the size of the donuts, there are also two waffles in the white section under the truck body, and an extra piece of cardboard under the back to support the truck bed where it goes out over the back wheels. The wheels are held in place with toothpicks.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

That is absolutely precious! I know your son loved it! You are so innovative and industrious to make such a "one-of-a-kind" cake for him. God bless you!

How clever! When my son was almost two, he loved dump trucks too! He couldn't say truck, so he called them "dump guys"!

That is just the cutest cake ever. I'm probably not talented enough to ever tackle one. But, it is so clever. Thanks for sharing.

Such talent to make such a neat cake.