Cleaning Up Ant Poison

What is something good to clean a counter that has ant poison on it? I want to make sure the ant poison is gone and the counter is safe to use again.

BARBARA from LONDON, KY

Well, I am hoping hot soapy water about 3 times should do the trick. Cause that is what I did and we are all alive and kicking here. That was about 3 weeks ago. I never even thought to ask the bug guy if I should do something different.

Laura

I would follow up with a water/bleach solution just to be on the safe side.

But since 3 washings with hot soapy water worked for caraing, it probably is ok.

I keep a spray bottle of water & bleach under my kitchen sink to use periodically.

Some of the liquid gel in the ant bait spelled over the counter top and some of my kitchenware, is washing it three times enough? thanks

Never use ant powder on counters. I would suggest windex because it kills off pheromones that an ant leaves. By killing off pheromones other ants won't be able to follow. I only use powder very rarely and areas that are not on counters.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 20, 2006
Poison Sumac Bush
Remedies for Poison Sumac
Ant Hill in Forest
Getting Rid of Ant Hills
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎄