Making a Purse from Children's Jeans

I am looking for directions on how to make a purse out of decorated old jeans. I've seen a few around and they are really cute. They are made out of children's outgrown jeans.

Valerie from Huntington, WV

All I can say is I know what you are talking about I have seen them too. They look simple enough to make just go to a store where you say them last a copy the pattern from pictures taken with your camera of the purse and experiment with your own design.

If you are too shy to take pictures ask the store clerk for the person's name and number that makes the purses. If that fails I am sorry, but you are on your own as I am still trying to figure out how to make them too. I hope I was of some help.

I had one I hauled around for years, and it was from my jeans. Just cut off the legs, leaving about half an inch. Turn the hip part inside out and stitch across the leg openings. Cut a long strip for the shoulder strap. It should be the length you want plus two inches, and about 4 inches wide (or adjust depending on how you like your shoulder strap). Stitch it tightly to the sides of the waistband. I like to make a big "x" with my sewing machine and then sew a box around that for a really tight attachment. Then decorate it the way you want it. Mine had bits of an old off-white doily, some rhinestones and a charm. I got a lot of compliments on it, and it was big enough to put in a book and my lunch if I wanted to. These days you'd probably want some iron-on daisies and swirls and some pastel buttons. Good luck!

See feedback from coreenhart - she had great ideas. You could also cut further down the legs (like shorts) and just sew up the bottom of the legs (rather than the hips) and you'd have two ready made compartments! :)

Hi I'm new to this site but if you guys want to learn how to make a baby booite bag just buy the instructions on ebay like I did I'ts very easy check my baby bootie bag at ebay superroxycruz. I bought the instructions from bootie bag diva her instruction are how to make a bigger bag but I just down sized it to a baby bootie bag good luck to all of you that one to make one.

Jeans purse with ribbons and other decorations.
Making a Jeans Purse
Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 20, 2006
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans