Benefits of an Upside Down Garden

I just purchased an Upside down Garden. This is a great product. I will no longer have to worry about groundhogs eating my tomato plants. I also will not have to worry about the roots rotting. I can't wait to plant.

By Gary from NJ

I was wondering how those would be & it sounds really great!

I know someone who said they showed on TV to use a recycled 5 gallon plastic pail with a hole drilled in the bottom as the same difference as a more expensive kind like are sold (like yours).I think I would want a piece of plastic that is slit so the plant can come out but the dirt won't.The roots have to fit in the hole you drill .

Just place the tomatoe start roots first thru the hole in the bottom & add the potting soil & hang from a tree limb or clothes line pole or other sturdy place -- the one I saw was actually growing so i know it works !

Can you use milk jug upside down? Has anyone tried this?

My sister-in-law has this system for tomatoes. Last year was her first attempt and she was a little disappointed in the results. We think they may have gotten overheated. Hers are a dark green plastic and we live in HOT Sacramento. I read online that someone used foil around the planters to reflect the sun away and had better results. Good luck! Post again at the end of the growing season -maybe even with photos!

here's the HOW TO -- I JUST found it :

very very cool

Growing Tomatoes Upside Down
Growing Tomatoes Upside Down
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerMay 20, 2008
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipes
Pineapple Upside Down Cake on Glass Plate
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipes
Upside Down Cake
Upside Down Cake Recipes