Reviews of the Windshield Cleaner Wand

I'm thinking about purchasing the Windshield Cleaner Wand that has been advertised on TV. The inside of the windshield is very difficult to clean, at least for me. I always end up with a badly streaked windshield when I try to do it myself. Has anyone purchased this item? Thank you.

By Kathy from Sylvania, OH

No but I use a sponge mop with a long handle. It works ok for me, good luck.

I bought one in a drug store so it might not be the exact same thing. But I am very happy with it. This one has a handle that you can adjust the length. I don't smoke but the interior windshield always gets some sort of film on it (from the air?). The wand, slightly dampened (misted on it) got rid of most of the film. Then I sprayed some cleaner I use for my eyeglasses on the pad and went over it again.. all gone! Windshield has never been so clean!

I bought one and I love it. I smoke in my car and it does a great job of cleaning the windows, even in the corners.

I paid 9.99 at Walgreens for mine.

I purchased one at Walgreens and loved it. My dad and sister saw it and when I showed them how well it worked they wanted one. I have since purchased 4 of them and given them as gifts. Highly recommended, and it comes with an extra fabric pad for cleaning also.

I have a similar one and I hate it. I must be the only one who doesnt like it. It leaves streaks on my windsheild and just smeared the dirt around. I prefer to handwash my windsheild, although i have to stretch to get the bottom of the inside.

Why not just use a spatula with a dampened cloth over it instead? No point spending money for something you can 'makeshift' with items you already have? Just dampen the cloth with vinegar and water, place it over the spatula and clean away ;-) You can use a second rag that has just water on it to finish the job if need be ;-)

I ordered three of them, and when I received them, they said that they upgraded to a better model, NOT. The ones that they sent were a larger pad and a smaller handle, completely useless and the cost to return wasn't worth it. A rip off. Do as some other people suggested and look for a similar one walmart or a dollar store.

Thanks everybody for your feedback. I think I'll take your advise and purchase one at the store.

Duanedv, using eyeglass cleaner is a great idea, I'll have to try that! I have one, I decided that if anything it would help me to reach the front of the windshield. In this new car the only way to reach the bottom half is to really reach, and then "the girls" always end up sounding the horn and scaring me half to death! It was worth $10 just to make it through my weekly car cleaning without heart failure.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningDecember 30, 2009
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎄
🍂