Butter Stains

How do you remove butter stains?

Diana from Green Bay, WI

Hi Diana! If you're talking about removing butter from fabric (clothes), I use Dawn dishwashing liquid and squirt it on the stain, rub it in and toss it in the washer to wash as usual. You may have to repeat the step a time or 2 before the butter is completely gone.

The cleaning product Lestoil will get out anything greasy (oil, grease, makeup, butter, salad dressing). Just apply it directly to the stain and let it soak through the fabric, then launder as usual. Do not let it sit for very long (not much more than a minute or two) on something that is brightly colored, as it will fade the color, but will not harm it as long as you launder it quickly. Do not overdo it, it just takes a little, just make sure you completely cover the stain (sometimes you might have to do an extra rinse if you use a lot).

This works wonders; trust me my husband works on Jeeps and gets oil/grease stains a lot. When his stuff is really bad, I will directly apply it to the stains then let it soak 30 minutes or so in the machine in water (adding a little more to the water) then launder. I will wash it two times back-to-back when I do that to make sure any oily residue is gone from the clothes and machine.

You can also use Lestoil to clean floors, scrub lawn furniture, etc. My grandma says it will remove mildew/mold from shoes that have picked up moisture in the garage too.

I also use dawn dish soap to remove butter and grease stains. I wet a cloth in very hot water and dab some dawn on and rub on the stain until it breaks down. If it isn't completely gone I dab some more dawn straight from the bottle on and let it set until I do wash, works every time.

I put dish liquid directly on such stains. YOu may want to rub it in a little or let it set for awhile. Then throw it in the washer with other items.

My sister taught me to clean table cloths this way. Simply dab dish liquid on food stains while the cloth is still on the table. You can see them better than if you take it off the table first.

Good luck!

You could also try De Sol It spray. I've had good luck with that

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 29, 2007
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
Butter in Foil Wrapper
Reusing Butter Wrappers
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter