Christmas Gift Ideas for My Boyfriend

boyfriend and girlfriend at Christmas
Sometimes choosing just the right gift for the special man in your life can be difficult. This guide contains Christmas gift ideas for a boyfriend.

This is a guide about Christmas gift ideas for an adult boyfriend. Christmas is not just for children, but sometimes it is more difficult to decide on just the right gift for an adult.

A girlfriend giving her boyfriend a gift.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 16. We've been together for 16 months. He has a really good job and a lot of money and he plans on spending a lot of money on me for Christmas. I don't have a job since I'm still in high school, but I wanna buy him something and I don't have a lot of money. I don't wanna be a bad girlfriend and buy him something cheap and then get really good stuff from him. What should I get him?

By s2amandas2

Best Answer

I think you get him what you can. If it comes from your heart, that's the most important thing. If he doesn't care for it b/c it wasn't expensive enough, you might want to think hard about being with him. Plenty of things have value that don't cost a lot of money.

Best of luck! I hope you find the perfect gift for him, and that he loves it.

Anonymous
Best Answer

It doesn't have to be a material present and if he truly loves you more than expensive items he won't expect a material gift and if he does expect it then it's time to kick him to the curb (I say this from experience).

How about simply buying a nice Christmas Card to give to him on Christmas Eve (or a day or two before) when he comes in the door but hand it to him with a big bow tied around your waist and peaceful Christmas music playing in the background and a candlelight table set for a homecooked meal ready to serve?

To me anyway, the romantic jesture and quality time spent together is worth far more than an item.

I have no idea what to get him for Christmas! We have only been dating a month. I want to get him something really awesome for Christmas, because this is our first and last one together. He is going off to college pretty far away, and we both don't want to do long distance.

He is a photographer and plays the piano. He loves to sing. He also loves sweets. I really want to get him something meaningful and something that he will be able to keep for a long time. I'm on a limited budget too. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (:

By bubble bee

Best Answer

It sounds like he knows exactly where he is going to school. Maybe you could buy something related to that school or that town. Internet is probably your best bet to find and buy it.

Best Answer

Go to MoMa.com, search sheet music paper weights. These are really neat paper weights made out of sheet music that are laminated or plasticized, (but they are not plastic) some how so that they last forever. Cost is $28. This store sells all kinds of neat unique stuff. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

Best Answer

Have a nice photo taken of yourself. That will last longer than anything. Sad to know you won't be together much longer. PBP

This is the first Christmas together for my boyfriend and I. I have no idea what to get him. Anyone have any ideas?

By Katie

Best Answer

Make it memorable by getting him something with the date on it. It all depends on his personality. Gift stores at the mall offer this service.

Best Answer

If your budget can do it, give him an experience and memory the two of you can share. Tickets to a concert or a sporting event that he would enjoy for example. Or plan an outing to a place you know he likes, and provide a picnic lunch in an unexpected place. For example, my daughter's boyfriend is into fishing, and there is an outdoor living exhibition held locally. They attended the show ($5 admission) and then tailgated lunch in the parking lot.( prepared by her) IF he reads magazines, a subscription to one about his interests would remind him of you each time he receives it.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to get my boyfriend for the first time and he says he has got me something that I would love so just ask him some little questions like 'what's your favorite thing in life?' and if they come back with 'you' (like my boyfriend does) then maybe ask what his fav music. You can always say it out of no where like I do and just ask him what he wants for Christmas but be aware they might come back with 'I only want you for Christmas' like my boyfriend also does which is hard.

So just ask him some questions and maybe ask his friends what he likes and dislikes (if you don't already know) or even if you talk to his mum ask her what he likes the best and what is a good Christmas present to get him because I do know that mother's know every about their sons half the time. So just ask around but don't ask to many people because it might get back to him that you are asking people for advice on what to get him. I hope this helps. If not good luck and sorry I could not help you.

I have no idea what to get my boyfriend for Christmas. I have already gotten him everything I can think of. I'm only 15 and he's 16. I need help, can anyone help me?

By Karina

Answer Was this helpful? 2

My boyfriend and I are both 15 and we have been dating for over a year. This is our 2nd Christmas together and I'm really not sure what to get him! Please help.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Take 12 index cards. On each one write one reason you love/like him. Some can be funny, others romantic. P.S. You will get an better idea of what kind of person he is by how he reacts.

PPS - My (future) father-in-law found the ones I gave his son. He told him "You'd better marry her. She's a keeper."

Best Answer

Give him an experience to remember. If he is interested in something (say cars) get tickets for a car show or a car race and go with him. Make a picnic lunch to share. If he is a movie buff, take him to a movie with his favorite star, and then to lunch or dinner. If he likes video games, a gift card for his favorite arcade could work. If there is a subject that he is interested in, get him a magazine subscription on the topic. He'll think of you every time the magazine arrives.

My boyfriend is 16 and he hunts. He has so many knives and hunting gear that it's out of the question. I don't like getting guys clothes and picture frames and he hates the movies. I need something to get him for Christmas. Someone please help me!

Best Answer

The first year that my (Fisherman) husband and I were dating, I didn't know what to get for his birthday. I knew he loved fishing, but he had tons of stuff, and I didn't know what he needed. I bought him a giftcard to Bass Pro Shop and he was thrilled! He had lots of fun choosing the items he wanted and had me looking at them with him, so I learned a lot. You can get giftcards for Bass Pro Shop, Cabella's, Field and Stream, or most any store that sells Hunting Goods and Supplies. I promise that there is something that he needs that will make his hobby easier or more fun that he and will be happy that you provided him with a way to get it.

I don't know what to get my boyfriend this year for Christmas. I need help. Any ideas?

By Shay

Answer Was this helpful? 1

We're both 15 and a complete of nerds. He's into science stuff and video games. I really want to avoid getting a gift card, but I have no other solutions. I'm also super artsy and creative so he's probably expecting me to make him something. Help?

Best Answer

Could you make him a folder of magazine articles on a science topic he's interested in? You could copy articles at the library, and use your art skills to make a cover. Maybe articles on the science of video games.

Books on the science topic, or if he reads magazines, a subscription to a gamer's or science magazine. He'd think of you every time the magazine arrives.

I am 15 and my boyfriend is 16, we have been dating a while. I'm having a hard time figuring out a Christmas present for him. I want it to be very special, like him. Please help me.

By chey.pettit from Roseville, CA

This is my boyfriend and my first Christmas together, and it also our three month anniversary. He is 18 years old. Any suggestions?

By KLJ

I am trying to find my boyfriend a funny gift for Christmas, since I already got him a cute and useful one. Any suggestions would be helpful.

By Jordyn from Torrance, CA

Can I request approximate age, rough location (state or country) and general interests? These things help in suggesting funny gifts that may also be useful.

I was going to suggest mantyhose because I gave my husband some years ago. Unfortunately they don't make that kind anymore it seems. They had a little addition on front that womens hose do not have. They were pretty funny. So my next suggestion is http://www.spen  /fun-and-games/. Spencers is where I used to get the funny gifts in the mall and I am not quiet sure this is the same place but they do have some cute ideas. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Okay thanks(: I found something good!

At the Dollar Store they have a giant comb - its bright green and 2 ft long!

For Christmas I am getting my boyfriend a blanket with his fav NFL logo and I need to get him something else. I already know what he got me. I hate it when he spends money on me to begin with, then he tells me not to get him anything, irritation to the max. I also want to tie our 10 month gift into it because the day after Xmas is our 10 months.

I really need help, he's 17 and I'm 15. Please help. Older girls, mommies what did you do when you were in my shoes? He's my first real relationship so I'm like super lost.

By hollywoodundead from Akron, OH

I have been dating my boyfriend for 14 months now. He gets everything he wants from his mom and will not tell me what he wants for Christmas. He is 16 and I am 15. He lives in Virginia and I live in North Carolina. So it is difficult to see each other. Please help. Thanks.

By Lindsey

Help please my boyfriend is 17, I'm 15. I love him so much, but I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. I could do all the cute stuff, but I don't know. He's already got a job and therefore money and he's already gotten me a Christmas prezzie. Knowing him it's pink and fluffy, but I need help. He's into rock, Iron Maiden and stuff. His ex got him an engraved pic for his guitar and a load of his fav CDs and chocolate.

By Megan

I have a boyfriend; he is 21. He loves to draw and would like to learn how to make tattoos. I now that Christmas is almost here and I don't know what to give him for a present. Can you help me find some ideas for what to give him?

By Addy from Dublin, CA

Get him a book or magazine with lots of colorful pictures. He can practice drawing the ones that will be part of his tattoo repitoir. Many years ago a friend of mine was looking at some magazines I hade called "The Best of Dragon Magazine" and said they had some great pictures that would be great tattoos. Just go to a local book store and look for a book or two with a variety of artwork. Heck, you may want to try a used book store and get several really cheap.

There is a cool book called the Tattoo Encyclopedia and you can get it cheap here (free shipping worldwide)

http://www.book  too-Encyclopedia

Short Description for The Tattoo Encyclopedia

An illustrated reference to the origins and meanings of nearly one thousand authentic tattoo symbols and line art from around the world is organized in an A-to-Z format and includes coverage of images from ancient Buddhist and Chinese designers to symbols from the present day.

Kat Von Dee is an author and I hear her book has a lot of illustrations of her tats. Also any artist can always use drawing pads, sketch books, water color pencils etc. Pull it all together in a cool portfolio style (messager) bag with some paint markers so he can show his style and stuff on the bag.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year. We are both 16 and have a promising relationship. He is very hard to buy for and is interested in either becoming a pilot or joining the Air Force or Army. I have bought him a couple of things for Christmas already that have humorious meaning from different points in our relationship, but I want to get him something of substance.

Please help! Thanks!
Brooke from Memphis, TN

I am an eighty year old male. When i was in my mid-teens I received a stainless steel pocket knife with blade, scissors, and nail file. I have carried it every day and found it very useful. A swiss army kife, with not too many gadgets on it so it will be quite thin, would be a nice gift.

If he shaves, an electric shaver is a nice gift.

I would try ebay. "Airplane", "Pilot" or something. If you can't find "It" there you can't find it anywhere!

How about a pocket watch with a picture of you or the both of you together? A little old fashioned maybe?

All the men in my family have money clips. Some gold, silver, monogrammed.

I thought the pocket knife was a great idea also.I would definitely monogram a date on the knife. My husband carries his everywhere and uses it!

Jennifer CA

My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 18. We have been together for 8 months now. We are currently living together. Although I live with him I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. He loves Bundaberg and Ford items. He has just currently bought a bar and pool table himself. He has so many different types of Bundaberg rum that he ages. Besides that he is into the PS4 and he has loads of games. I really want to get him something special and romantic, as I know he will be for me. This is our first Christmas together and I want to get the best thing he will love. Plz help me out. Thanks

My boyfriend is away for Christmas and New Years. So I said I would get his present to him when he comes back. The thing is, we've only been dating for a week and a half now, but I have known him for about 2 years. I have no idea what to get him, because he is so diverse. He is down to do anything! He doesn't have many hates or loves. I literally have no clue what to get him. Please help me.

By E.

I am 16 years old and my boyfriend is 19. We have currently been dating for a year and a month and I have absolutely no idea what to get him for Christmas. Last year, I got him a whole bunch of little things, but I haven't a clue for this year. Please help!

By Hannah C.

My boyfriend and I haven't been together long, but we have been really good friends since we met. We are both 14 years young. I actually have money and I want to try to get him something for Christmas, but I have no clue what. He doesn't play video games, so that is out of the question. So I have no clue what to get him!

By Shannon B.

My boyfriend and l have been dating for 6 months now. We met in Alaska and his family recently decided to move to Texas. Since the Christmas season is right around the corner l want to find him the perfect gift. Something to remind him of me till we are together again. Any ideas?

By Danielle

I want to make my boyfriend a creative Christmas gift and I don't know what I should make. We're both 15 and he's in all sports. We're not at the jewelry giving stage yet, so. Whatever I make him can't be fragile because I have to mail it to him. Help?

By Tyler from NE

Hi cutie! Go to the thrift store and buy old wool sweaters in the colours of his favorite "sports" team. I.e. football, hockey whatever. Wash in hot water, and dry in a hot dryer. Then, you can cut the sweater to the lengths needed to create a "one-of-a-kind" scarf. Made by you with love. Hows' that?

You could make him a no-sew reversible fleece blanket using his favorite team colors. Here is a link to instructions on how to make one, but there are many more instructions on the internet. http://www.inst  -Fleece-Blanket/

I have been out of work for 3 months now and I have no income. I would really like to give my boyfriend of 10 years something spiritually special for Christmas. Or I would like to do something very meaningful for him. Please help, he has been so good to me.

By Ann

Anonymous

Especially since you want to give him something spiritual for Christmas I think the best gift you can give is sharing what Christmas is truly all about. It's not about 'things' but rather about love, sharing of self/selves and reaching out to others. Being that you've been out of work perhaps you can make a creative meal for the two of you and maybe even make a bit extra and ask a neighbor or former co-worker who is also out of work who might not be Blessed enough to have a significant other to share in this special Holiday.

Do you live together? If not, you could clean his home for him...if you live together, try a really good back rub...very thoughtful, and won't cost you anything but time and love.

What should I get for my boyfriend for Christmas?

My boyfriend and I have only been together for about a month. But he's talked about Christmas presents a few times and I don't know what to get him. Keep in mind we are in high school and I don't have much money to spend. But I don't want to get him something silly and feel bad when he gets me something really good. Any recommendations? I actually already have made him some letters, the "open when" letters. But I want to get him something else.

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 months now and since it's coming up to Christmas and we have been discussing whether or not to get each other a present. Since this is my first relationship I'd feel really bad if I don't get him anything. I know that he is planning on getting me something, so I would love to get him something of the same value.

I've asked him what he wants and his answer is always "I don't know". I showed him what I was planning to get him, which was a bracelet, which he liked. But he doesn't wear things on his wrist. I'd feel getting him a necklace or something personalized. Would it be too much for a first gift thing? Another thing that we both have to take into account is that he lives in the north of England and I live in the south, so there's the cost of postage. He is thinking of coming down to visit for a few days. He's 21 and I'm 18, I would get him a t-shirt, but I'd feel strange getting him clothes. What do I do?

Load More