Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Christmas Gift for My Boyfriend

I have no idea what to get my boyfriend for Christmas. I have already gotten him everything I can think of. I'm only 15 and he's 16. I need help, can anyone help me?

By Karina

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By dantonchristmas12/24/2011

This year I have surprised my boyfriend with a one night stay in a hotel in Jasper. There he will teach me how to ski at sunshine and we can have a great day together. This is a great gift idea because we can spend some time together and create lots of new memories. All we need to do is pick a date!

By Sandia12/18/2010

I'm the same age, and have the same problem. Except, he doesn't like movies. He already has headphones. I've already given him cds. I bake for him already, and last Christmas, I gave him clothes. Help!

By Hannah Henderson12/14/2010

I'm the same age and had the same problem! Ha, I've decided to get him a pair of those big headphones, because his Ipod got stolen and I know his mom is getting him a new one. So, I thought that would be good! I'm also getting him his favorite candy, and a lot of it! Making him his favorite cookies, and a framed picture of us. If your boyfriend snowboards or skis you could always do a hat, like a beanie or maybe gloves. If he's into music you could make him your own cd or something like that. funny t-shirts are always cute too! Hope I helped. (:

By Eileen M. [53]12/13/2010

My daughter made a tied-fleece blanket for her boyfriend last Christmas, no sewing required.

By Veronica [10]12/10/2010

Food, food, and more food! Make him a big chocolate cake that he doesn't have to share with anyone, for instance. Cakes, pies, cookies, a giant box of goodies- no one loves food more than a teenage boy!

By Joan [13]12/09/2010

You know him better than any of us do. How about tickets to a movie, or sporting event?

Here are questions related to Christmas Gift for My Boyfriend.

Question: Christmas Present Ideas for New Boyfriend

I don't know what to get my boyfriend this year for Christmas. I need help. Any ideas?

By Shay

Most Recent Answer

By korina [1]12/11/2011

Go to a romantic place for you and him, or make him a picture book, or a "hope" ring. Lots of people get those, it's so sweet. (:<3

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

I';m 16 and my boyfriend is 15. What should I get him for Christmas? It's our first Christmas together. Please help.

By Diamond

Most Recent Answer

By Beth12/09/2012

I would say that it depends on how serious things are and what his hobbies are. A shirt or jacket for his favorite sport (hunting, skiing, whatever) is always safe.

If you are closer than that, try something more personal along with it. Coupon cards are fun. Things like a night out with the boys or a home-cooked dinner or a complaint-free ball game show you care. Just don't make a coupon for anything that you don't want his friends to see!

In general, all most 15 year old boys want is a 16 year old girl so you're already ahead of the game. As long as it's from the heart he'll love it.

Question: Christmas Gift for Boyfriend

I am 16 years old and my boyfriend is 19. We have currently been dating for a year and a month and I have absolutely no idea what to get him for Christmas. Last year, I got him a whole bunch of little things, but I haven't a clue for this year. Please help!

By Hannah C.

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi [391]12/20/2011

Well, she is not. This isn't about our views on her dating someone older. If you can't respond to the subject of the letter, why not leave it alone.

Sometimes it's hard to test the waters with young men. I suggest a really nice photo in a nice frame, and then perhaps in a keychain digital. I hope this helps.

Question: Christmas Gift Ideas for Boyfriend Who Likes Video Games

My boyfriend and I have only been together for one month. I know he likes video games, like Black Cops, but I don't know a lot more about him. What should I get him for Christmas? I already know he is going to give me a present.

By Nerea

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. [5]12/19/2011

If you have only been dating a month, a major gift is not needed. Something small is quite in order. And if you have no idea of his likes other than video games, it doesn't seem to me that you know him very well. However, if he is giving something to you, I can see why you would like to also give a gift.

In my experience with sons, boys like to get gifts like chocolates. Movie passes might be a good gift, or a gift card from a gaming store. A DVD that you could watch together would be great, or how about a "movie night in a bag", with the DVD, popcorn or chips, a couple of cans of pop, and maybe some other treats that you like.

My boyfriend and I haven't been together long, but we have been really good friends since we met. We are both 14 years young. I actually have money and I want to try to get him something for Christmas, but I have no clue what. He doesn't play video games, so that is out of the question. So I have no clue what to get him!

By Shannon B.

Most Recent Answer

By recyclerichardson12/16/2011

Gift card!

Question: Christmas Present Ideas for Boyfriend

I am 15 and my boyfriend is 16, we have been dating a while. I'm having a hard time figuring out a Christmas present for him. I want it to be very special, like him. Please help me.

By chey.pettit from Roseville, CA

Most Recent Answer

By coville123 [320]12/12/2011

Wrap a picture of him in a nice frame include a card that says the most gorgeous guy I have ever looked at. You can wrap chocolates with a card that says you are just to sweet for words. Make a card and glue a key onto it write you hold the key to my heart.

This is the first Christmas together for my boyfriend and I. I have no idea what to get him. Anyone have any ideas?

By Katie

Most Recent Answer

By Shana Banana [1]12/09/2011

I'm having the same problem. I don't know what to get my boyfriend for the first time and he says he has got me something that I would love so just ask him some little questions like 'what's your favorite thing in life?' and if they come back with 'you' (like my boyfriend does) then maybe ask what his fav music. You can always say it out of no where like I do and just ask him what he wants for Christmas but be aware they might come back with 'I only want you for Christmas' like my boyfriend also does which is hard.

So just ask him some questions and maybe ask his friends what he likes and dislikes (if you don't already know) or even if you talk to his mum ask her what he likes the best and what is a good Christmas present to get him because I do know that mother's know every about their sons half the time. So just ask around but don't ask to many people because it might get back to him that you are asking people for advice on what to get him. I hope this helps. If not good luck and sorry I could not help you.

I have a 23 year old boyfriend and I have no clue what to get him for Christmas. Every time I ask him what he wants for Christmas he says he doesn't know. I need help. I can't think of anything. Can someone help me please?

By Hillery G.

Most Recent Answer

By pm813@hotmail.com [9]11/29/2011

For years I had the same problem knowing what to get for my 20 something year old nephews and my 30 something year old son-in-law. Finally I hit on something they've all seem to appreciate. I give them gift cards to either Best Buy or iTunes or my son-in-law Lowes or Home Depot. I've always attached the gift cards to their favorite candy or snack. This year it is a Visa Gift Card from my Credit Union, which only charges a dollar fee. I figure they can shop where they wish, get gas, food, or anything. Also another idea is a GC from Amazon. Not very personal, but very practical in these days of bad economy.

This is my boyfriend and my first Christmas together, and it also our three month anniversary. He is 18 years old. Any suggestions?

By KLJ

Most Recent Answer

By Kathie K. [1]11/22/2011

I always like "to make" personal gifts. Put a photo album together with pix of both of you.

For Christmas I am getting my boyfriend a blanket with his fav NFL logo and I need to get him something else. I already know what he got me. I hate it when he spends money on me to begin with, then he tells me not to get him anything, irritation to the max. I also want to tie our 10 month gift into it because the day after Xmas is our 10 months.

I really need help, he's 17 and I'm 15. Please help. Older girls, mommies what did you do when you were in my shoes? He's my first real relationship so I'm like super lost.

By hollywoodundead from Akron, OH

Most Recent Answer

By Sherry Jackson F.11/16/2011

Hi,
I am older, a mommy, and a gramma. I am 45. I have dated, married, divorced, dated, and married again. During the days between my marriages, the one guy I dated, we parted as friends. I can tell you, after about ten years, still, I just found out he kept all the gifts that I handmade him. A book, with memories we had made and plans for future ones to be written. A gift basket (a brown candle, a movie (Chocolat) and his favorite candies) was thrown together rather cheaply when I found the movie on sale and knew he wanted to see it. That along with micro popcorn and a couple cans of soda made a great gift and a great "stay in" date.

Another great idea is, if you can sew, get his mom to give you several of his old school themed tshirts (like homecoming, club shirts, etc.) and you can cut them into squares where you can see the design completely and sew them, even if you only have six, it will work. You sew them together, then back them with some cheap material, then you can even use ribbon or bias tape to edge it with. It makes a great lap blanket for ballgames. How nice it would be for you to be the one sitting under his blanket that you made for him while you watch him star in the games.

:) Just a few ideas. Good Luck.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Christmas Gift for My Boyfriend

I was wondering if anybody has any ideas for Christmas gifts. ive been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and i dunno what to get him for christmas. he likes the color red and he like dale jr memorabilia but i got him that for his birthday and i need some ideas for christmas Can anyone help?

Amy from Bradenton, FL

Pocket Knife

I am a male, nearly eighty years old. When I was in my teens I received a stainless steel pocket knife with a nail file, scissors, and one blade. It was purchased at neiman-marcus and has my initials on it. It was made in italy. It has been on my keychain all these years. I use it almost daily. Believe it or not, but at the time it was purchased it was $4.95, But the last time I saw it in their catalogue several years ago, it was around $25.00. If they are not available, then consider a swiss army knife of the simplest and thinnest kind. (11/18/2005)

By OLD MAN

Homemade Certificates

Make your own "gift certificates" one for a" kiss" another "wash your car" "take you to the movies", just use your own imagination. (11/18/2005)

By Judy

Savings Bond

I suggest purchasing a "savings bond" to go towards the purchasing of a car in a few years or what ever he wants. This could be done for all of your holidays (Xmas, birthday, Anniversary etc.) By the time the bonds mature (7 yrs) he will be 21 and needing some kind of cash.

Bonds are purchased at a bank. The cost of a $50 bond is half of that at $25. A $100 one is $50. It is the idea that in 7 years the small bond that you bought will have grown "interest wise" to be cashed in for DOUBLE the amount you paid for it originally!

Evryone rather male or female enjoys cash at any time of year at any age. (11/18/2005)

By Paula Jo Carr

Memory Album

I know some guys might not like this idea, but yet some might. How bout a memory album of pictures of yourself and him. But you must be sure not to make it frilly or too mushy. Maybe a hunter green album or some sort of notebook and just add the decorated memory pages. Good Luck (11/18/2005)

By kt1227

Baked Goods

Why don't you bake several different kinds of cookies for him. Make some homemade fudge. Get him a Christmas stocking and fill it with stocking stuffers, small bottle of after shave, hair gel, etc. (11/18/2005)

By lovethosehounds

Some Ideas

How about a DVD - maybe Fever Pitch (very funny baseball movie)? You could include some microwave popcorn and candy too.

What about those small remote control cars from Radio Shack? Kids & adults like those. They even have cones you can set up for an obstacle course.

Is he studying for his driver's license? Maybe a special keychain would be appreciated.

Does he have a cellphone? Maybe buy him a special ring-tone or extra minutes?

If you like to cook, you could cook his favorite meal for him.

Hope these help. (11/18/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

Hunting or Fishing License

If he likes to go hunting or fishing, how about a hunting or fishing license. (11/19/2005)

By snigdibbly

Gift Card

How about an arcade pass, or a gift card for one of his favorite stores, let him pick out something that he'd like, rather than you picking out something that he wouldn't like. (back in my dating years, I picked out a nice shirt, pair of jeans, a nice belt & belt buckle for a guy I was dating, for his birthday, he took them to a pawn shop & traded them all for enough money to buy a bottle of whiskey with!! I was furious, I'd worked hard to earn enough money for his gifts & to think he didn't care enough to appreciate them.) Best of luck on your gift giving! (11/19/2005)

By badwater

Pocket Token

For all special days, I get my husband (and he gets me), a pocket token. A coin, a dog tag, a rock, etc. You can find just about anything engravable and have a special saying or date engraved. It's like giving them a little of you to carry with them when you are apart. We never leave the house without at least one token in our pocket. (11/20/2005)

By Barbie

Music From Itunes

You can buy your boyfriend a refillable music card through apple.com where he can download songs for his IPOD most are .99 each-You just pre-pay it just like other gift cards-It is called itunes. Happy Christmas! Susan (11/23/2005)

By Susan

Ideas

i know that my guy is a hard working guy who does a lot of outdoor work. Try adding something humorous that shows you really listen to him. I'm purchasing a bob the builder "hard" hat and a hello kitty hammer for fun and something else, a movie, that he seriously likes. Finally a favorite snack food (he loves oreos). (12/09/2005)

By slhpup

Photo Album

For my boyfriend for christmas one year I made him a photo album including all the good times we shared together as well as some really goofy shots of both of us. I also pasted in little items which had sentimental value for us both i.e. the movie tickets for our first ever date. Once i decided on getting him this i started collaborating little trinkets. He LOVED IT! (12/13/2005)

By Natalie

ID Bracelet

If he will wear jewelry, get him an ID bracelet with his name on it it's not that expensive and you could put your own secret message on the back. (12/13/2005)

By Vicky

A Calendar

If you've been together more than a year, this works. I save my old movie ticket stubs and always write descriptions of events in my datebook (date w/Luke, going to concert). At Christmas, I bought him a new calendar and transferred the dates from my calendar into his. So he would have a calendar he could use for the whole year, and certain dates were already filled in with good memories (EX: July 1, saw "Mission Impossible" together; September 9, went to Pearl Jam concert; or whatever). Fun, meaningful and inexpensive. (05/24/2006)

Pocket Watch

My husband can remember the second year we were together I bought him a neat pocket watch. It's been many years now and he still has it for a keepsake. (08/29/2006)

By Autumn

A Silver Ring

I have a good idea for a Christmas, Valentine's, or birthday gift for your boyfriend. get him a silver ring with something engraved in it. (12/02/2006)

By Casey

TV, Sports, Movies

Here's a step by step process.

- Ask him what he's favorite sport team, TV show, movie is.
- With the gathered info (haha) see what's easiest to buy
- A jersey of his favorite team basketball. Make sure if he tells you his favorite team you KNOW what sport it is!
- If he tells you his favorite show see if they have a DVD maybe of the 1, 2, 3 seasons
- If he tells you he's favorite movie he probably has it but you can get him something relating to it. Like shirt or something from it.

Hope that helps someone (12/04/2006)

By Jenna