Mini Pumpkin Maracas
Shake, shake, shake to the music with these cute little pumpkin themed maracas. A fun fall craft for kids.
- egg carton (cardboard-like works better than Styrofoam)
- Popsicle sticks
- dried beans
- green construction paper
- green pipe cleaners
- orange paint
- paint brush
- Cut out one egg cup (top and bottom).
- Using a paint brush, paint the entire outside orange. Allow to dry.
- Fill one half of the egg cup (top or bottom) with the dried beans. Glue the top and bottom egg cup together with a Popsicle stick inserted. Allow to dry. You may want to touch up the orange paint after this step to cover any glue drips.
- Cut a green pipe cleaner in half. Insert one end through the top of the maraca. Bend in half to form a loop and insert the other end into the maraca.
- Cut out a leaf shape from the green construction paper. Fold in half to cut a slit in the center. Slip the leaf shape over the pipe cleaner "stem". Glue down, if desired.
- Shake the maracas to make beautiful music this fall!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
October 13, 20080 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 1:22:09 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us